1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

MrGooch, Gino230, backbone and 3 others like this.
  3. Used2befast

Ummm...I think someone ticked a MotoAmerica official off at Daytona this year :D

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Jeez Louise that’s a lot of missing safety wire infractions! Isn’t Anthony fania the dude who got drop kicked by A-A-Ron Yates?

backbone likes this.
  5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Gus was dinged for rear caliper safety wire in Twins but it was on the Ducati in Supersport. Can we issue sanctions to Motoamerica for their mistakes?

tawzx12r likes this.
  6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Oops...

lrrs195 and younglion like this.
  7. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

I bet Richie Escalante wished, he had that extra 14.1 ounces in his tank on the last lap .

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I think MA is funded by speeding tickets.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

All of the fines go to the air fence fund. A good thing...

SundaySocial, Chazzz and exracer941 like this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

How would enforce that?

12. Used2befast

Obviously communication of the rule to the teams, then set up a review/comments/questions period of time. Revise as needed then add to the rulebook. Before the race weekend begins remind the teams of the rule.

Monitor all bikes during the race. (Which race direction already does) If a bike loses power then you send someone to investigate (it appears JH4 and R. Escalante but there may have been others ). If after investigation it is found the rider didn't pit causing a fuel starvation then the team would be DQ'd pending protest/review period time allotted.

Safety of the riders is #1...its your teams responsibility to know how many laps the bike will run before you run out of fuel.

13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Well good for her... pfft

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

A couple years ago I was under the impression this August board decided it was just a glorified club race.

15. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

I don't see how that would incentivize teams to further than the costs of lost time. Escalante lost 10k in purse money in 200 yards and other riders got knocked completely out of contention for anything from miscalculated fuel. Strategy is part of it and sometimes the math gets wonky. Especially when there was rain on the horizon, no red flags the entire race, and no one was close enough to draft.

16. Used2befast

Club Motoamerica
    Go back and watch the last lap...Escalante ran out of fuel a lot further than 200 yds...in fact he was shaking his bike at the international horseshoe at the start of the last lap...

17. JPG671

JPG671 Well-Known Member

#10 ran out of gas and parked his bike at turn 12 ( East banking) on the last lap of the first SuperHooligan race (on Friday).

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I agree Escalante was more worried about winning than finishing - it's the 200 with no points on the line and Hammer ahs never won so that is exactly what he should have been doing. I'm sure there's a purse difference but to him and the team there's not a lot of difference between 2nd and 4th or worse.

I disagree on the tank as much as I truly feel for Dave and Bobby. It's a simple hard and fast rule it just sucks he got caught out by not thinking to double check a stock tank. Now on the tule altogether - I don't like tank size limits for our stuff but for the 200 where you want/need pit strategy to be a part of it and having someone iron man the whole thing could actually get dangerous I like them.

backbone likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A couple years ago it was.

CR750 likes this.
  20. Used2befast

I don't understand why the leading superbike riders lay low...it didn't used to be that way.