1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Came here to say this.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Show me the math sorry...all the bikes have different size fuel injectors and different size airboxes then add ram air into the mix.

The V2 has twin injectors per cylinder and the GSXR750 with its oversquare engine comes with 8 fine spray 8 hole injectors. While the Suzuki is lighter than the Duc it gives up quite a bit of HP to it. 127.9 versus 155. (Stock)

The only true way to know which bike uses more fuel in a lap is to put a fuel flow meter on it and run it "at race pace" on the track for several laps and compare the total fuel used.

Another factor. The D200 you are at full throttle a greater percentage of the time.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  3. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

It’s more a question of bsfc which will be roughly the same given similar power numbers on the same fuel.

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

The stock difference for North American bikes (Euro's have different ECU tunes for different emissions requirements) isn't 27+hp - it's 10hp stock (130hp vs 140hp same dyno same day) - not that it means much given both bikes have been balanced by MA and there are soooo many other factors.

https://motostatz.com/ducati-panigale-v2-vs-suzuki-gsx-r750/

5. Used2befast

Agreed...the factors are numerous. I am just saying...is there a possibility that the suzuki would qualify for a fuel tank concession? Making several engine sizes and cylinder configurations conform to the same size fuel tank (to me) will give one bike an advantage over the other when it comes to pit stops required to make 57 laps at D200.

Putting a racer in a situation where he will run out of gas on a hot track is dangerous for all racers. Look at what happened to C Beaubier when a bike lost power in front of him last year.

AJ and younglion like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

he wants to be called Smokey Herrin :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

8. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Sorry you can play with numbers all day, but in the real world twins get better mileage than a four cylinder, less friction, more torque,so less throttle is used.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What chain adjusters do you have?
    And pretty much every one on a 660 needs to buy cop a beer ..

No Brakes likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. It depends on many factors that are individual to the particular bike and situations.

11. gixxerboy55

Yeah right what ever.
    Everybody knows four cylinder bikes suck gas.

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

You spelled 'ass' wrong, sir.

13. gixxerboy55

Yeah but their fast as fuck

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Lighttech and they are pretty cool. First time I've had ones like that, each 1/4 turn is a click so it makes adjusting them evenly a snap.

Cop is going to be swimming in Coors Light at Road Atlanta. :beer:

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I was on the old fuel- I did not want to mess with Robem's flash until after Daytona. I figured I'd let you guys learn the hard lessons and then reap the benefits later? The current map in my bike is pretty rich (we're monitoring with AIM) might not need to re-tune at all if the MGP-R runs a little leaner, as we're suspecting it will.

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Everyone has to run tank foam in MA. And it doesn't really change the capacity. From the looks of the tank, maybe they made the dry break area too tall or wide and it went beyond the capacity.

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

We've tested it in the R6 and it actually is a much better product then the MGP. Made more power.

Gino230 likes this.
  19. Used2befast

I show there were 6 Suzuki's that finished top 10 but no one could run the Herrin pace except Richie. Combined with fast pit stops and strategy Herrin and team easily won this year. :clap:

Appears the other teams will have 12 months to do their math and homework for next year.

Richie may need a stuff and go strategy :D

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It seems that YART enjoyed their Daytona experience. Sucks that Canepa got hurt but that is racing. Hopefully they come back next year on the R9. It seems that the R6 has to be pushed a bit too much to be competitive. How many R6 engines popped over the weekend?

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.