1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I was fvcking about.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

page 1.png

page 1.png page2.png

Attached Files:

3. Sabre699

I've repeated some of this crap but it's the best I can come up with. :whoosh:

RonR likes this.
  4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Whats the price

5. Sabre699

Make an offer. I'll tell him and get back. He said that gun guys who considered this shit would know what's reasonable. I'm not well versed in the paraphernalia. He's a retired 82nd and knows this shit...not me Ron, lol.
    Being a dinosaur, I'm revolvers, pumps, center-breaks and levers. :beer:

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’ll take the law tactical ar folder for $69.420

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I just paid $150 for voluntary abuse, for the second year in a row.
    Facebook.jpeg

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Willing to split it up? And pickup in TN?

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I see 2 that could be better defined but looking at all the bits I’m thinking just a barrel and just a mag.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Have you guys ever heard of these?
    https://talonprecisionoptics.com/product/mi4/

I was talking to a guy that has one of these and now I feel I must own one. But I look anything on there face book, insta, Nothing has been updated in a couple years. Wondering if they are still in business?

12. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Tracking Point has been around for a while. Not sure what happened as the Military did a lot of testing (and found some software vulnerabilities that could have ruled it out for mil use) but it seemed like it was promising tech.

Basically you would use the optic to put your marker on the target and then pull the trigger and when the computer found the optimum alignment, it would fire the rifle automatically. Kind of like guided missile but you would have to line things up at some point at which it would fire automatically.

I was thinking that Remington had been involved in it at some point (would have been a reason it didn't go anywhere), and I am pretty sure that Taya Kyle (Chris Kyle's wife (American Sniper guy)) did some promo work for them at some point or did a sniper challenge with one.

interesting article with some history:

https://www.theverge.com/2015/6/11/8764611/tracking-point-rifle-company

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

HEY!! Happy 308 day:D Wanted to bring out the 308, but had us at work 2 days straight without leave, and got home too late:mad:

gt#179 likes this.
  14. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Interesting article on Tracking Point, I thought that scope was going to be a game changing item, but haven't read anything about them in years.

Next new hotness is the Vortex XM-157 - kind of does the same stuff as Tracking Point, just better, faster, smaller and more expensive.

15. Resident Plarp

ATF Fuckery - part 10x10^7

My last silencer was approved for transfer on a form 4, but I never received an email confirmation from ATF as had been the case for all previous registrations which were all done on the same trust. I only "found" the approval when I saw that its status had changed on the Silencershop dashboard. After that, I called the SOT and they confirmed I could take it home. They also printed copies of the approved Form 4, but I always like to have a digital copy on hand in the phone since, well, the phone's always with me. You know how it is. And here's how that's going ...

After playing with the new can for the day, I called ATF, was on hold for 50 minutes or so, asked if I could be emailed a .PDF like before. Nope, no can't has. But if you use the Ask the Expert function on the website, I will be emailed that form, so I went ahead as directed.

After a month ... crickets. I know, I know - I was shocked, too.

This morning, I emailed the NFAFax address, a couple of questions, and of course, a request for the .PDF Form 4 showing approval. And holy poop, 20 minutes later:

- " ... we cannot provide a .PDF version ... check your e-File account for those forms ... you can request certified copies if you like ... " came the reply. No other questions from that first email were answered. But the ATF website is awesome, I mean, in my account I've never seen anything under the approved tab over there. Never mind that, well first - HTF is it this organization can't email a copy of a form that I MUST have to show on demand of an agent, as codified by law? Anyway ...

The good news? As stated, I was told that I may request to have a certified copy mailed to me. Heh, noice; the agent I spoke with last month said that wasn't possible! How do I do this? (since you didn't tell me in your last message) went the next email along with aren't my approvals in my eFile account? Why wasn't I sent an approval email for this particular item?

- "Just email a hand signed/dated letter indicating the reason for the request, serial number, transferor/transferee &etc. and we'll send you certified forms."

That was the reply. I guess the more technical questions about the lack of forms I need to have on hand so I don't end up in the clink (I do have them, just making a point here) didn't matter to this nameless contractor. Yes, NFA contractor. My guess? Someone at Booze Allen Hamilton got a phat check when ATF farmed out this help.

Meanwhile, I've been reading reports that individual Form 4s have been approved on the same day. More believably, NFA items purchased right around Christmas are showing up approved now. But really, forms are handled FIFO, always.

16. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Believe it.....my brother sent me this today....

8c881fd4-1eb5-4554-aaa1-00fd8862455a.jpeg

That can got approved in 24hrs....and then he decided to buy the CZ when he picked up the can to celebrate....:D also had his three cans before that one batched after about four monts. He's got an integrally suppressed B&T stormtrooper that just started its wait period so curious to see how long that will take....

My last four cans last year were 7 months, 7 months, 6 months and 5 months so it does appear they're getting them done a lot quicker than before and I can totally believe Christmas ones are popping now...sorry for
    your troubles but in the grand scheme of things, they appear to be moving quicker and quicker and in the right direction.

17. Resident Plarp

Oh, I believe it, like Lotus and their electrical problems (still a cool car!).

Do you know if the last can was on an individual or trust form 4?

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s a lot going on. Didn’t your dealer get the form emailed to him. I always have and give the customers a copy.

19. Resident Plarp

Yeah, long post, I know! I was handed hard copies when I picked up the silencer. Have called that dealer more than once asking for a copy to be emailed, but that seems to be a problem, too. They’re a little far away, so haven’t been able to drop in and MAKE it happen right then.

20. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i just ordered one thru silencer shop yesterday and will be an efile for the first time. Lets see how this goes