1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

What will they call Eslick if he wins a 5th D200?

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Nickel Slick? Slick Nickel? The Wild Slick Nickel? I give up....

MachineR1, Gino230 and stk0308 like this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The thing is that these blokes do it lap after lap after lap as well.

Gino230 and 5axis like this.
  4. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I was thinking something like Danny Daytona :crackup:

Banditracer likes this.
  5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Rafa answered 2 posts belows yours where you asked.

kirk erlinger likes this.
  6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Spot on.

I was fortunate to be at JGP when Fast by Ferracci came to test the new MV Agusta F4-1000R towards the end of '06 with Luca Scassa & Matt Lynn. It was Luca's first time to JGP, if not the US, and believe first time on that bike. It was a private test so there were only 2 of us cornerworking (just in case of incident). Sarge (former race control @T3), and I was at T7. I had a pair of binoculars as well so I could see them really well entering T3 all the way around to T14 before the losing them.

Luca's speed & line entering T7 was like nothing I'd seen in the many times I'd corner worked watching both CCS & WERA races with the likes of Batey's, Jensen's, Smith's, Dwire's, Mc'Enery's, Yonce's, Villas's, etc. When he reached the flagger booth of T7 (I was eyeing him straight in front of me) he was on the far left edge of the track already at full lean.....still on, or at least maintaining, throttle. Just after that point, he'd ease off the throttle just before the 7 apex. He carried more speed through T7, and deeper into the apex of T8 faster than any riders I'd seen, and that was many. Any club racer prior I'd watched come through there, was nowhere near doing that. In fact, they'd be center track at most, and just beginning to lean into T7. And, exiting T6 all the way to throwing it over for T7, that rear end was NEVER hooked up. Danced left to right all the way.

Scassa rode raw, full tilt, ballz to the wall.

Lynn was silky smooth. Believe he ran 15's that day, previous best was 17's. Even Lynn's line through T7 was more like the club racers....just a bit faster I suppose, but it wasn't Scassa's line for sure.

I have pics & vid of it on an SD card somewhere.

To view it in person is really cool. I told Borge back then, after seeing what bit I did, that the top MotoGP guys would do 12's easy. Then Canepa does a :12.? a few years later on the Pegrams's Buell 1190 race bike, and makes me wonder if 10's are possible. Prolly are.

Apologies to all for the thread jack......

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    The Great One, TurboBlew, 27 and 14 others like this.
  7. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Not sure, but MotoA didn't include him on their list of 15 who could win it...

Once a Wanker.. and AC1108 like this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Anyone have a schedule for this weekend?

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Yup, it's been on the MotoA site for a few weeks now.... :Poke:

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

one already blew up. I am bringing up a motor Wednesday.

12. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

From the Team Hammer Insta: upload_2024-3-4_21-53-3.jpeg

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've arrived, I found Johnny B's hideout, and went to Culvers for dinner, that makes up for having to pay a ton to park my stuff a mile away from the hotel I guess.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

kirk erlinger likes this.
  15. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

That would be something, wouldn’t it?

Looks like Rossi Moor from the videos.

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Is it supposed to dry out by the time practice starts? Looks like FL has been getting a lot of rain.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mat Mladin on Daytona, past and present

"For the first few years after I retired and returned home from the States, every time the second weekend in March would come around, I was on edge.
    I was angry. I couldn't settle. I never thought about it until I was telling a friend and they said, “you are supposed to be at Daytona”. "

https://www.mcnews.com.au/mat-mladin-on-daytona-past-and-present/

18. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

DiSalvo went up the inside of me going into T4 at GingerMan with a knee on the deck and basically slid it all the way to T6 without ever picking up his knee. He broke the lap record that weekend on a Moto2 bike that I don't think he hadn't ridden until that day. I considered selling everything motorcycle related and taking up knitting or something.

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Rained overnight but forecast is clear until Sunday.

20. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Can't wait- been able to take the boy 2 years in a row now. Be helping out our friend on the Rydfast bagger.
    Anyone know where to pick up credentials? Will call?

The Beer Hunter likes this.