1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica Live+ incompetence

Discussion in 'General' started by moto316, Feb 22, 2024.

1. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

My double payment was resolved the night I contacted them. All is well. Bring on the 200.

AC1108 likes this.
  2. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I think stanboli talked about it on one of the trackdaz podcasts.

3. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Knarf and a couple others were discussing it on page 37 of the 2024 MotoA thread.

Hopefully it was resolved and those teams got paid, if not that’s pretty jacked up.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah that's the one I remember as well. I don't know if there was a resolution on it or not.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

New Roku user here...struggled getting it to log in to the motoamerica channel. After much struggle they told me that Roku is "not yet ready"......Ahhhh, they better get their ass in gear. Anyone else in the same boat?

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  6. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Haven't tried it yet, but my TV has a crude browser that works well for WSBK and I would guess that would be an OK backup.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I have nothing in spam from them.

8. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

yeah right...it can't possibly be THEIR fault. I didn't get anything from them until they hit my card for the renewal. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Because this is my literal day job. I guarandamn-tee they sent the emails and your mail service provider happily dropped them on the floor for you, you deleted them without noting it, or it hit your spam folder and has already been cleared. The only exception to this would be if you decided to change your email addy and only updated it just before they sent the billing email, but you'd admit to that, right? Welcome to email, it is literally impossible for anyone to guarantee email delivery to an end user unless you own the entire chain, incoming and outgoing mail servers AND the mail service provider the end user is using. Outside of that it's throw it to the wild, do your best to keep your mail server reputation intact and hope the mail service providers don't feel like raising the walls on their gardens even higher today.

10. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I had gotten several notices in my email, but had they gone to spam, it never would have occurred to me to look for an email from cleeng.com. It would've gotten trashed.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  11. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

My account got locked out somehow, and the password reset function did not work. I contacted support through the chat bot and a real person responded in email within 10 minutes and fixed the issue. Technical Sh*t happens and they fixed it quick. Competence.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I remember in grade school reading about the Pony Express delivering letters by horse from Missouri to Sacramento in 10 days around a 150 years ago. But yet in 2024 emails don't work? Progress is great isn't it?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    418 likes this.
  13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Problem these days is spammers and other shitheads ruined it for everyone. It used to be mail admins would work with each other to ensure mail flows. Now it's everyone for themselves, the big guys are turning into their own fiefdoms and don't actually care about getting email from outside their circle, IP reputation can actually cost money... it sucks. When I had to invest in hardware load balancer appliances for first stage MX processing to keep up with crazy ratio of spam to valid content for a customer base that otherwise could have been handled by a 486... bah.

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just updated to the new app and it seems to work well, but jeezus, you would think there would be a simple way to select season (year) and track in order to find old races. As a test I tried to find the 2022 Laguna Seca Twins sessions and just couldn’t figure out how. I submitted a suggestion to make that easy a long time ago and I get the current season is what pays the bills, but how hard would it be to sort by year and track?

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The pony express riders had to deal with indians and robbers so what's the difference?

16. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm seeing a 18% discount which entitles you to all of 2024 MotoA racing for a low price of $89.99

Does that seem high?!?!?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For all the coverage on it? Nope, not at all.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How much is a weekend ticket to get into your nearest race track to watch? It's 150 bucks at Road America for the weekend and camping. Are you really a supporter of the sport in the United States? You get to watch every race and rewatch it all later plus all the interview and podium content. A Pirelli front slick cost twice as much as the MotoAm+ app Subscription.

cav115, Mike Fennell and Used2befast like this.
  19. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

That was almost my exact rationalization.

Tracking anything really F's with your perception of 'value'. The ridiculous purse my daughter covets wouldn't cover 10 days worth of tires, even at my pace.

20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Let me guess...LV or Gucci?