1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Hey, man! The 80's and early 90's rocked!!! :D

Attached Files:

aaronson, 27 and Razr like this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I was rocking the pink and grey in the late 80's. Lou's Leathers with bright green lettering. This is the endurance race at Tally in March of 88.
    https://riderfiles.wordpress.com/photos/
    If you haven't checked out Larry Lawrences site, you need to. Lots of cool stuff from back in the day.

Attached Files:

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Talk about questionable style....
    upload_2024-3-2_23-29-57.jpeg

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

There was a method to that madness. We were running an endurance team, back when they had people manually scoring your bike. Everyone had to provide a scorer for their team, and they had to count your laps as you went by. It wasn't uncommon for this volunteer force to miss a lap, which could really cost you. So we painted the bike the most obnoxious, hard to miss scheme, and I got matching leathers to boot. Side note, Lou's Leathers were absolutely the best quality leathers that I ever owned. Side, side note, the crash damage on my leathers in the 411 pic above, happened on a practice day in the same turn, going the opposite direction.

upload_2024-3-3_9-23-37.jpeg

YamahaRick, grapemustard, GNC and 3 others like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Are those AGV Prexsport boots? If so I broke both ankles and feet in those… and my learning curve with gear could have been drawn with and etch a sketch… break bones/grind through meat to bone… buy better gear… and repeat until only wearing the best made :)

that 95 750 was my only oil cooled one and after road rashing myself on a jetting test ride like a dufas I got a 96 in time for Daytona so never raced the old over engine framed ones…

that GSXR purple was hard to spray/blend to match… they had one year that was black/blue/orange that was really nice… 600 colors iirc

and no… the 80s and early 90s colors were not cool :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

No question at all… Ghey for sure! :Poke::p You guys probably had team jeans by Guess too :D

And damn man… good thing you drug those ghey ass leathers around behind your van to man them up a little… otherwise that cool Kawi would’ve probably thrown you off out of principle:D

it’s been awhile since I’ve razzed you a bit… had some catching up to do teach… hope all is well :)

8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Don't tell me you're the guy that thinks dudes are gay if they learn to dance.....not that I did. Chicks dug that suit. Plus, we never had a lap missed when scoring. The GSXR was the endurance bike, and I never gelled with it for some reason. In hindsight, I think the frame was tweaked from the previous owner's crash. That ZX though? Fit me like a glove. That same team had a '93 ZX7RR, and I was 1.5 seconds a lap faster on the black '90, than the fancy '93,

27 likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

@BigBird dont we have a MotoGP race this week? I didn’t see a thread.

cbush, 27 and Senna like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No such thing. RR designation started in '96. :)

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Well, I know it was a '93, and it was a lot of different than the standard ZX7. I can't remember exactly everything, but thought it had flatslides, adjustable swingarm pivot, different cams...was way more track focused. The '90 was like a couch by comparison. You know, more R's is better, so maybe it was an RRRRR.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know which bike you're talking about. I had one. It was a ZX-7R. The base model was the ZX-7. Had one of those too. Starting with the next generation in 1996, the base model became a ZX-7R and the sbk homologation version became ZX-7RR. Ya know, 'cause how you gonna sell a race replica to a squid without a R in it?

13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

So which did you like better? Same year? For me, the '93 was too nose down of a riding position for me. Not sure i can even describe it, but it just didn't give me confidence. It's weird, because I've ridden TZ250's which are way more focused, and didn't feel out of place on them. Different bikes for different people I suppose. I just rode my buddies brand new R1. Hated it. Faster than hell, but the seating position sucked for me, and was super slippery. Not a good combo when you've got 200hp in your hand. My RC8 keeps you from sliding off the back, and is way more comfy.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Both '94s, though not owned at the same time. I got the R in 96. Regular one was long gone by then, so there was never any kind of back-to-back comparison. I did not have enough experience when I owned it to have an opinion worth a damn, other than it was obviously a better street bikes than the R. I had just started track riding when I got the R, and I loved how stable and planted it was. I had a lot of confidence in the front end on braking and corner entries, but it was probably just the excess weight it pushing the tire down into the asphalt. :D Throttle response was fantastic once I got the flat-sides properly jetted.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aldeguer to Pramac. '25 silly season is on!

27 and Circacee like this.
  16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Martin to Yamaha, Quarterpounder to Ape?

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Motomatters headline:
    Monday MotoGP Link Dump: Aldeguer In, Martin Out At Pramac, Bagnaia's Potential Teammate, And Barcelona Gets A Facelift

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

started the new thread

cbush likes this.
  19. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

20. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member