1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JH4 Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ormally I'm with Gary on that price point being way out of range - unless we're talking cooking knives :D

ToofPic, Shenanigans and Alex.434 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That'll get your name in sharpie on the underside of the tank :D

dtalbott and Quicktoy like this.
  3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Good Enough. I'll take it.

wsmc42 and dtalbott like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shades are one area I can absolutely justify the cost of good polarized lenses. I've seen what years of crappy or no shades did to Evelynes eyes.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I
    I'm kinda with you. I generally hate trailer/garage/safe queens of anything. Cars, bikes, guns, knives, doesn't matter. Shit was meant to be enjoyed with use. But this might be one of those rare exceptions for me. I don't really need another EDC knife in rotation and something just tells me I'll enjoy this one more as a display piece, even though it's plenty capable as a tool.

Anyone have any insight into how the blade design is done and how durable it can be expected to be? Guessing laser?

Alex.434 likes this.
  6. redtailracing

It's Dave K, would it have really mattered either way? That dude's clearly off his rocker.

7. redtailracing

Hell, with the camera angle I seem to remember them often showing from T1, that could be a lot of screen time! lol

dtalbott and bpro like this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

They are knives when plural ;)

bpro likes this.
  9. Alex.434

Alex.434 ^ That time I stole JH's bike.

Hey guys,

This rookie account is funny. My old WERA account had 2,000 plus posts going back 15+ years. So yeah, no stranger to the nuthouse around here! Been a minute though, and Josh told me you guys were all chatting about the program, which is rad, so I wanted to swing by and say it is appreciated.

Recognize a lot of your names already from the orders that have come in, thank you. I haven't been in the industry (officially) for a minute, but always want to continue to support the sport I love.

It was important to us to put together a program that felt like you were getting your money's worth, and based on the response, I think we've done that (fwiw on Benchmade.com the stock knife is $320). Each purchase gets you that entry into the Grand Prize, the Dwyer Rotorcraft made from JH's Daytona brake rotors, and that's a $2,500 knife. Josh and I were chatting last night and I think we'll have some cool new additions to the prize pool... for some 2nd and 3rd place Prizes also, from Daytona... so stay tuned for that once we solidify the details (@quinn_knives instagram probably best place for updates).

Someone was asking about the engraving. It is all done with a professional grade laser via H&H Engineering, a boutique gunsmith in Lake Elsinore, who does full custom builds with Cerakote, engraving, etc. I spent multiple days with Bryn of H&H getting the setting right for the S90V steel, and even offered up my personal Mini Bugout as the first official 'test' knife. That allowed us to really tweak the artwork (GHD Graphics) and laser settings, which weren't quite perfect on my test knife. But I have been continuing to use mine, the test one, since then, and it holds up just fine. Same engraving technique used across the industry.

One thing I like about what I do now (sell quality knives) is there are few things you'll buy for $200-400 bucks that are made in the USA, and can be with you, everyday, for decades. I have customers come in daily with EDCs that have been with them through thick and thin. I actually have a Benchmade on my desk a customer gave me (he bought a new one) that he carried daily for 30 years. He sharpened it so much all the serrations are gone! I love stories like that and being based in San Diego, we get a lot of hard use customers. Ranchers, hunters, SEALs, FBI, First Responders, warehouse workers, linemen, professional chefs, etc etc, you name it, they come visit me and require the good stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you. My shop is a very small operation and everyone involved in this is putting in the time and effort to make it happen. Very cool to see it coming together. All I can ask, if down the road, if you ever need a new knife (gift, EDC, whatever) please keep www.quinnknives.com in mind. The website is new, and we're slowly building it up... but it's coming along.. bit by bit.

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  10. redtailracing

Thanks for the insight and super excited about this. As others have said, we all love seeing the support from an "outside" industry (even if you were technically a motorcycle guy lol). This is definitely one of the cooler sponsorship and marketing moves I've seen in moto racing in a while and I think it's safe to say you've definitely earned some new customers through this, myself included. Rock on man! :rock:

Alex.434 likes this.
  11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I dont give 2 fucks about knives. I said what the fuck i said and yall don't like it. I really don't give a guck about that too

ToofPic and pickled egg like this.
  12. Shenanigans

Did I stutter? FUCK YOU

ToofPic likes this.
  13. Shenanigans

Just passing through there on my way to hell

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If you don't care about knives, why would you consider your opinon about knife prices to be valid? In fact, why would you post your opinion about the perceived value of something you don't care about? Just looking for a fight?
    That being said, the price is higher than what I have for disposable income in the knife department, but I can absolutely see wanting to have a nice knife for certain occaisions. As others have noted, I have a variety of pocket knives that I carry for any given use, ranging from a swiss army knife to a very slim engraved bone handled single blade fancy knife. It is a matter of having the right tool for the job.

Alex.434 likes this.
  15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Keep your feels in check when enjoying the internet; you’ll have more fun and maybe make a friend or two.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will be numbered>???

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Duh!!! 4

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It ain’t a Ducati top triple…

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wait a fuckin’ hold-it!

If giving a shit is a prerequisite for posting in a beeb thread, this place is fuckin’ doomed.

Now get off my lawn!

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You know what I mean....#001-#200