1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Moto Forza or Tyga Performance?

Discussion in 'General' started by RS_NX5, Feb 29, 2024.

1. RS_NX5

RS_NX5 To finish first you must first finish - Ski

With the closure of Airtech, trying to find fairings for certain bikes is becoming harder (in some cases). So, if anybody has used products that Moto Forza and Tyga Performance offer, thoughts on these products?

I get that they do not offer as many products for certain bikes/model years, and Tyga is predominantly Honda NSR/RS250 and NC30/35 focused, but Moto Forza seems to have a pretty good selection.

Please feel free to offer up your opinions on these companies if you've used their products in the past or currently use their products.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Tyga been around for decades at this point so I think that's probably a safe bet....

3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

https://www.ebay.com/str/ricambiweissracingparts
    and Tyga is an awesome company, their bodywork is just standard gelcoated glass but the finish is good, it fits and the price is right. shipping is pricey with big box fairings so, throw as much little shit as you can in the box. all air shipping options are stateside in 3-5days.

4. RS_NX5

RS_NX5 To finish first you must first finish - Ski

Thanks for the Ebay link, I'll have to check that out some more. I've heard some great things about Tyga in the past, but I'm glad you guys have had good experiences with em, I'll have to keep this in mind.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've bought a lot of Tyga stuff over the years. Always top notch.

6. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Disclaimer: We’re a Motoforza dealer

I think their bodywork is on par with the major brands in terms of fit and finish. You generally get 3 choices: standard which is budget friendly and similar to something like Hotbodies. The GRP is the most popular and Kevlar reinforced similar to Armourbodies. This is what we generally use for our race bike builds. The high dollar performance material has more carbon Kevlar and is lightest and more flexible.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Ordered tons from Tyga when I built my NC30. Very happy with everything I bought from them. Highly recommend.

8. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Also this: https://www.ricambiweiss.com/en/

You can't order directly through their online store but there might be parts there that they don't advertise on ebay. It's also easier to find stuff than searching through 600 ebay listings.

I just got the front fairings for my MK1 RS250. I haven't looked at it really closely but quality seems decent. More sturdy than I expected. Straight fiberglass with some carbon-kevlar reinforcing at mounting points. Took about 3 weeks and packing wasn't the best - a corner of a lower poked out of the box but was not damaged.

rs250-bodywork.jpg

I bought carbon fiber lowers for my db4 from perfect-fairings in Greece. https://www.perfect-fairings.com/product-category/race/. They have a TON of shit for old bikes.

The db4 lower was not perfect but not bad. They fit w/o modification. Shipping was only 35EUR. So cheap I was sure it was a mistake. Took forever and they used BlackHoleShipping. You have no idea where the package is until it arrives. I think I got one notification.

db4-perfect-fairings-sm.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  9. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Another vote of confidence for Tyga. Used them for my Ninja 400 build.

10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member