1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk Me Out of This Honda

Discussion in 'General' started by Smilodon, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

beac83, CBRRRRR999, ChemGuy and 2 others like this.
  2. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Always thought that model was a great looking bike. If I wasn't such a Yamaha guy I would go for it! GLWA

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Asking these clowns to talk you out of anything? :crackup:

Hey, I want to shoot at a hornets nest with Roman candles, talk me out if it! Dude! Do it but video it, it’ll be epic!!!

I want to put a hayabusa engine in a smart cat, talk me out if it! Dude, why not slap a turbo on it!!!

I want to marry a Russia woman and not sign a prenup, talk me out of it! Well, you might get some trying to talk you out of that one.

but I want to jump 12 yugos with a school bus, talk me out of it! Fuck yeah! You should jump 15!!!!

so my response is . . . Do it! It’ll be kick ass! :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  4. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I was thinking tell me it is junk, or how crap those bikes or the price is out of site... Something like that. Just seems like the way 80's bikes are going, this one could be a good one at a sweet price.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You need to buy it, a new 20' enclosed trailer with 7' ceiling and a new one-ton pickup to pull the trailer with.
    Also a shop-grade 500 CFM air compressor to run all the new air tools in your 30'x50' pole barn shop you need to build out back. Of course, you also need a professional quality welder to use in that shop as well.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hey, I was looking at that bike too! Let's start a bidding war:D I met my wife on an 81 750F that I still have and always wanted the 900 to go with it. But lately I've bought a couple bikes from my youth and found out that the truth is they kind of suck compared to what we can buy now. Nostalgia isn't always what its cracked up to be. That's the only negative I can say.

malamute likes this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A riding buddy way back when had one of these. It was a good bike. How far away are you? I'm about 100 miles from there. I could pick it up and bring it to Mobile for you, if that makes the decision easier.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I put in a bid... Now I'm nervous. I'll feel like the dog that caught the car if I win this. Long ride to Slidell..

9. nigel smith

This is why I haven't bought myself a CL360. I don't think a real one can compare to the one that roams the back roads of my memories.

beac83, rd400racer and 418 like this.
  10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Thanks for the offer, I can make it to Slidell as well as Mobile. Might want to chat with the owner.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Well, looking at other modern standards, it is tough not to spend a lot less for a real one. Knowing that it might handle like crap.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

I just seen this ona FB group and it seems eerily appropriate...

FB_IMG_1708446649697.jpg

13. nigel smith

My friend could keep up with my GPZ750 on his, and I was pretty quick before the dawn of decent tires. It's a Honda. It'll do great.

14. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

That looks very nice, so don't place any more bids okay? OKAY? :crackup:

15. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

My die is cast. I set a reasonable limit for high bid and that's that. Being that this was on Rare Sportbikes for Sale and other sites, I'm guessing somebody will sweep in at the end and get it.

16. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

I've got a parts bike in my shed that has stuff you could probably use on it. If you're ever around Greensboro NC hit me up.

17. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I know a few people who can 'tell you what you need to do to it,' after you buy it...

ToofPic likes this.
  18. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, if I do get it, thinking of "resto modding" it a bit. Nothing that isn't reversible, but I do plan on riding it.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hey, don't poo on the Make Old Bike Great Again vibe...

MOBGA? Has a certain ring to it, dunnit? :D

But seriously, that is a nice bike!

Slow & stable but lovely.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Make it look and sound like this one.