1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Taka's out after this season, Ai Ogura steps in.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

They seem to be having more "fun" in 3 months than he has in his whole racing career other than all the play riding he does.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

31 candles....

What's that in Miguel years?

stk0308 and cpettit like this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s probably pretty freeing to be at Gresini on a great bike with no pressure other than what he puts on himself, after 5 years of horrible injury and a steadily degrading RCV that wasn’t the equal of his talent. Him being so happy shows he’s actually human.

They use funny measurements and Monopoly money up where he’s from, they measure age by moose sighting per day so it’s not an exact science.

A year off means your career is comatose and your family is close to pulling the plug. 2 years off means you’re in the morgue. Riding in Moto-E means they’ve pulled the plug, your family is saying their goodbyes, but you haven’t yet gone down to the morgue.

Though that new Ducati moto-E bike makes me want to cream my jeans. It’s seriously hot. If that makes me gay, well, Fabio seems like he’s done okay in life.

27 and HPPT like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I actually think MM93 was hurt by the lack of respect VR46 showed him… the same as he did JLo and Stoner, and all the others that tried but didn’t beat him… I was reminded recently of an interview with Colin when he was asked how he and Rossi got along so well and he said because he wasn’t a threat…

I’m a fan of racing as a racer but I’ll never like the type of drama that VR had to have for his own motivation and ego for his success.

I hope MM fully recovers and rewrites the history books laughing and smiling like never before. At the same time I hope some of the riders can emulate the greatness off the track that VR brought as it undoubtedly raised the level of the entire sport…

is it race season yet?!? :)

cbush likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Bikes on track!

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Anybody watching the "There can be only one" series they put up on youtube? 5 episodes, 30-40 minutes each, basically just recounting last season's storylines. But done pretty well and is doing a good job of reminding me of some of the more exciting aspects of last season and getting me even more excited for this season to begin.

10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Sure, we’re still in ‘testing’ but Miguel is 2+ seconds back while Raul is sending it already after his wreck last week and sitting high up. Time for Miguel to pack er’ up.

Circacee likes this.
  11. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

I watched it, it was good, would be cool to have more

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It's just a stepping stone. Baggers next season.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  13. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I can't believe with all the algorithms and data sharing on the internet, stuff like this completely passes me by.

14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Fabio Di Gia is continuing to impress, ever since he had a breakthrough near the end of last season.

He was one of the fastest in Sepang in average lap time over race distance. And he just set the fastest time near the end of day 2 in Qatar. Ducati must be glad one of their teams found a way to keep him in Motogp.

cbush likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

First Ducati crash for MM. He must starting to test it. :)

bleacht likes this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Should we start a crash count ?

Asking for friends ! :p

Phl218 likes this.
  17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Surprises for me after Day 2 in Qatar:

• Honda's in 17th, 18th, 19th, and 20th with Zarco as the fastest guy
    • Raul F.'s pace with his broken hip no less
    • Marc in 4th and Bro outside the Top 10

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are 8 Ducatis, 4 KTMs and 4 Aprilias. What else did you expect? :confused:

Dragginass and redtailracing like this.
  19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Anyone got an update on Frankie? Is he still recovering from that Trackday wreck?

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

His status was: "Do not pass 'Go', go directly to Qatar race".