1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB. Aprilia RS250 race tail, extra wheels, race parts

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Chris Mann, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Chris Mann

Chris Mann Well-Known Member

I am looking for a race tail for a 1999 Aprilia RS250 cup bike. Might be interested in a complete set of race bodywork. Also need an extra set of wheels. Any race parts anyone has laying around. Let me know what you have.

2. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

I have a tail for a mk11 or a Tyga tail.

3. Chris Mann

I found a tail but what would you want for the one you have? Any other MK2 parts?

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I have front fender, fiberglass.

5. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

Let me look and see what I have.

6. Chris Mann

Let me know.

7. magrahamkp08

magrahamkp08 Member

I have a good bit of RS250 Parts
    -23D10 SAPC ECU
    -Rear Wheel (unsure if its mk1 or mk2 or whether it matters)
    -MK1 Front Wheel -someone will have to advise whether it can be adapted to an MK2, but i suspect it can be
    -Mk2 Rotors and calipers
    -healtech quick shifter
    might have a few more things lying around

8. Chris Mann

What is the deal with that SAPC, that is the kit ECU correct? My bike has the 300 kit from The Tuning Works, JM pipes, etc So would I need to do anything else to run that SPAC? From what I can find rear wheels may be the same but the fronts are definitely different. I just bought a Heal Tech shifter. Stock rotors? Where are you located? I am interested in SAPC if it is the kit one, maybe the rear wheel. All depends on price I guess. Let me know what else you may have too.

9. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure the Zeeltronic PDCI-20V is superior to any oem SAPC/ CDI box setup. Not only can you run the RGV250 23D10 Kit ignition curve (or RGV250 22D30 or RS250 23D70 or Race Standard fuel or custom map), you can get fine control over the power valve opening and closing RPM, which seems to be another big piece of the puzzle depending on your cylinder and expansion chamber. I’d conisder the 23D10 if you got a good deal and was running exactly the Kit spec. If you deviate at all from Kit spec, then you’re probably better off biting the bullet and jump into the deep end with Zeeltronic.

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/index.html/articles/sapc-explained-r19/

10. Paul Kraemer

Paul Kraemer New Member

I have a new Zeeltronic PDCI-20V that I don't think I'm going to use.

I had my RS250 dynoed at 70 hp, so I think I'll just leave it alone and be happy with that : )

Let me know if you're interested in it.

Mike Fennell likes this.
  11. Chris Mann

I ended up purchasing one already. Wish I knew this beforehand.

12. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

That is stout. My RS is at Speedwerks right now. I'll be happy with 65 with Tyga left-right pipes, VHM heads, Wiseco pistons, Tyga powervalves, Zeeltronic.

The 23D10 sucked on my bike. 23D70 was much better but still a decent flat spot at 8000rpm. I'm hoping the Zeel will help tune that out (or maybe it's a jetting thing - my 2 stroke experience is ... limted).

13. motosapien

motosapien Active Member

It's the pipes