1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever talk to you boss shit fuck hammered

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Feb 6, 2024.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I wasn't doing it every day, but there were copious numbers of days during Covid where I'd take down 3/4 of a handle of Titos. About 10 handles a month was my average for the past few years, and I also have been employed for the overwhelming majority of that (all but two weeks-ish).

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Shit man, I was considering cutting back on my drinking, but it seems I need to up my game first! :crackup:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Dammit, man! I got cirrhosis of the liver just reading this shit. If you like it on this side of the ground, please just stop.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I know right. I have a small glass of bourbon neat most nights, maybe 3 shots or so, and I consider myself a regular, if not heavy drinker. These dudes are at a nutty level I can't even imagine. Drinking 1.75ml a day, you have to be legally drunk 24/7.

5. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Addiction be a curious thing. Your tolerance for whatever joy juice you choose goes up and the perceived effect goes down over time. I hear stories like these every week from just about every age, class, race, religion and background. Same goes for dope. People live on daily doses that would kill a regular human.

Once a Wanker.. and ToofPic like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I knew an old crusty E6 in the Navy. Single, so he lived in the barracks with us lowly E4 peons.

One night there was a bit of a disturbance, couple of guys seriously knockdown dragout fighting. Off course, ol Bob had to stick his nose in it trying to break them up. Shore Patrol was called and taking statements, one dude got hurt pretty bad. SPs decided that Bob was "involved" and "smelled of alcohol". They had him do a breathalyzer to see if he was legally intoxicated. Dude blew a .54.

If you're not familiar with the scale, anything over .5 is supposed to be comatose. Bob was obviously slightly impaired, but not near as drunk as I'd seen him before... Like, unable to get off a couch drunk.

I can't imagine what his BAC max ever was.

Once a Wanker.. and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Apparently prescription drug is the gateway....
    upload_2024-2-9_13-0-45.png

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. CBRRRRR999

Had a crusty coastie share a barracks with me @ Mayport between moves. Guy drank on Antabuse and showed everyone how he did it. A sip every 5 minutes for an hour or so then full on. Saw the same shit as an AirForce brat, guys flying and in charge of really sensitive equipment while FUBAR.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

the wife is an ICU nurse...she has seen more than a few alcoholics, and the stories are pretty rough at that point. internal bleeding they cant stop etc...many are young too...like in their 30s. years of abuse will get you to a point where your body will simply give up...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. CBRRRRR999

It's only a beverage for a couple drinks, then it starts to become toxic. Prolonged exposure in high doses ain't good for most folks but there are some who are seemingly immune.

11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My dad use to drink on antabuse,and his 2nd father in law did as well.They would get beet red,difficulty breathing,and drink right through that shit.My dad would take a 5th every day on his way in to GM,another at lunch,and the sky was the limit going home.Most all of his friends at GM were legally drunk on the job every day.I tell the story all the time of my dad being too drunk at work.His boss drove him home,but then they had to send someone to pick up his boss,because he was too drunk to drive back to work. And here they all are now from marlboro's and liquor Wahoo Baptist church in Lumpkin county.They all got one or two things in common,and I didnt fall far from the tree,but they aint no room for me on that hill. 132802333_10225453601472744_5298788447830404891_n.jpg

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

My dad story. He drove over the road so he couldn’t drink obviously, but the second he parked he’d go in for ice and sprite while I unscrewed an access panel in the sleeper to get his bottle of Jack. Every single night. Then there was the every other day battle of finding a liquor store in whatever town we’d end up in to find another bottle. At home it was all day every day, leaving me at home to go to the bar all night, all the fun stuff. It sucked but I still miss the shit out of him, and I have to figure out how to not do the same to my kids because I’m basically the same person he was, just not quite as crazy with the drinking.

13. auminer

Recurrent theme here seems to be mean ass drunks.

I'm a happy-go-lucky let's-all-get-along kinda drunk when I do get too deep into my cups.

Perhaps that's the issue with alcoholism? Get drunk and become an asshole?

Just an observation...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ve been told I’m a very happy drunk.

And an insufferable bastard sober.

Sobriety is working well for me. :D

15. auminer

I'll make sure I have a fresh fifth of Tullamore DEW on hand. :beer:

16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My daddy wasn't an asshole,although our tomcat may disagree.Dad use to cut fire wood drunk,then squeeze Toms nuts on the back deck,and Tom would eat his ass up,and my dad would bleed,and laugh. We got in one fist fight my entire life(my dad,not Tom).As I got older I wanted to kill him(again my dad),but I always loved him.I know vietnam fucked him up,and being Irish white trash,and my mom cheating on him. It was a different time.Now I could appear on Oafruh as a Queef,kinda like my son.

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Actually thank you for the words of support. Usually we all give each other shit in fun banter but it actually means something to me. Can never do Antabuse, was considering it, but my job cooks with wine and liquor( chicken picatta, veal marsala, any red wine/ port wine reduction, penne a la vodka, tirramisu, ect) you get the picture, bit the bullet,going to a doctor and got a naltrexone prescription last time in the states. Lasted a month, had a stressful charter and decided when the got off the boat was going to drink. But with it still in my system, kind of had the reverse effects of the whole point of taking it. After 5 rum drinks, like what's wrong, don't feel like I should. I need something stronger, drank a 1/2 bottle of ever clear that we use to kill fish with hawiaan punch. All I know is my roommate woke up my boss because I was passed out on the floor blocking the door to get in our room as dead weight on the floor. Alcohol is a hell of a drug, it's getting less glamorous the older I get

ToofPic and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You picked your job at a young age. :D

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I just put some craft root beer into the refrigerator for when I'm watching tonight's Glendale Supercross. I'd cut my alcohol intake volume way back over a year ago, but I still found reasons to 'have a drink now and then.'

This thread has me heading into night 4 of giving my liver a well-deserved break. Not like I need the cane sugar, so the root beer will only be an occasional treat for me.

Phl218 and R1Racer99 like this.