1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I also find it interesting that the purpose for the pressure sensors on the tail of the Aprilia is to confirm the data that the fluid dynamics software tells the team.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean the brothers Marquez are doing well considering their Grandfather died on Monday

27 and motion like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's them 'mericans getting down to work

motion likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yeah....

Computational Fluid Dynamics is notorious for giving inaccurate predictions. Its easy to have it draw pretty pictures. Its quite a bit more difficult for the model to reflect reality. Hence the need for data like this, really to validate the model.

Im not involved with CFD but Id imagine the data was then used to adjust the CFD model conditions, and if necessary, make the changes needed to the part under evaluation.

CR750, 5axis, 27 and 3 others like this.
  6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

English, motherfucker! Do you speak it!?
    :mad::D

Quicktoy and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

2 full days

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No worse than 2nd. Sounds a lot better than 8th. (pirro doesnt count)

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Were there more than two bikes?:D

chobes likes this.
  13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ok:

Aero isn't a "hold my beer" sort of activity. Its more like "hold my 12 pack"

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

aero has made the racing worse since you can't draft down the straight any longer. the second bike has no shot at T1 pulling out of the slipstream. think that was most evident at the end of the year, especially in Qatar

L1MTD, 5axis and Quicktoy like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Someone remembers the good old days when youthful exuberance didn’t stand a chance against old age and treachery. ;)

notbostrom likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

From the article you shared “Only VR46’s Fabio di Giannantonio appeared to be a match for the Marquez brothers if two very slow laps in the middle of his run were discounted.”
    Seems to me the Marquez bros were fastest in the sprint simulation and it also states they both went faster than Alex did when he won the sprint race there.

cbush, PatricksDad and scottn like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Trackhouse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

errrbody knows you can't be competitive in the championship if you don't win first winter testing.

stk0308 and cbush like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Davide Brivio to Trackhouse.

20. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Trackhouse management are no dummies from watching them navigate here in the states. They want results now, not 5 years down the road. Miguel and Raul will be gone after this year for some big names I reckon.

BigBird, ShadowBoxer and 27 like this.