1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast food price increases

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 5, 2024.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

This reminds me of people bitching about cigarette prices.... :D

Mindewe, we all have to pay for grocery though.... :(

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I hadn't eaten fast food in years. Every time I saw a Burger King Whopper commercial, I would reminisce about how delicious they were. A few months ago I stopped and grabbed a Whopper with cheese meal and it was such a letdown. Guess my palette has evolved since my youth, but I didn't enjoy it at all. It didn't help it was $12.99 either. You can do a whole lot better with your 13 bucks.

dave3593, 969 and BrentA like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The *other parent* had to go out of town (if anyone sees her, you know what to do), so I got the girls for the night. Got called to do a lot walkthrough on some lights that are out, so had to wait until dark, so figured me and the kids will eat out (was thinking Applebees, a steak that didn’t cost $40 sounded good), but they agreed on BK.

Well, I spent that $40 (for all three of us) and this morning my guts feel like I swallowed a thousand caterpillars with Parkinson’s. :Puke:

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Chick-fil-a charges for the bun these days

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

20 bucks gets me 6-8 steak based meals, from Safeway. Fast food can go the way of the dodo and I wouldn’t notice.

auminer likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You bought a pound of butter lately?

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Other than a pizza from a local place up the road I can't remember the last time I ate fast food. My gut thanks me for it.

Sabre699 and BrentA like this.
  8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

There's a little grocery store by me that sells whole tenderloins for $7.99/lb. You have to trim them and cut them yourself, but the last one I got cost $30 and I got 13 filets out of it. That's hard to beat and they taste better than most I've had.

britx303 likes this.
  9. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

I eat Chipotle a lot when on the highway driving to the track because I’m normally on a tight schedule. That place has gotten expensive, but I don’t mind because it is real food that is fast and easy to find on the road. But I stopped going as much, not because of the price, but because the quality is garbage now; that goes for their food and their employees.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

C'mon man, greatest economy ever!

In Your Corner, 969, Chazzz and 3 others like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Try a pork shoulder steak next time. Grill it just like a steak, but maybe about 30-40% longer, you definitely don't want to undercook it because they'll be rubbery, and you have to REALLY TRY HARD to overcook it.

You get those down to where you can grill em just right and you'll never buy another ribeye. And not just because they're less than half the price.

britx303 likes this.
  12. pickled egg

Blasphemy! :mad:

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Pork shoulder is for BBQ. Pork chops and tenderloin are the only cuts that are allowed to be cooked. The end. :D

969 likes this.
  14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

1.19 here in the ATL.

15. pickled egg

Made beef strokinoff last week, and was introduced to velveting cheaper, tougher cuts of beef. Worked like a champ!

I’ll cut them thinner next time, these slices were about 3/16” thick and while they were tender, they had a bit of a strange texture that I think would be mitigated by having them 3/32” thick.

britx303 likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We get the Donald’s or Burger King maybe once every 2 or 3 months. Wendy’s a bit more often but that’s stupid expensive and if we get 5 guys it’s $30 plus for two burgers and fries. Nope to that!

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's all crap and a Big Mac is half the size as it was 15 years ago, but Taco Bell can bring back the double decker taco anytime:D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We do get the Bell maybe once a month or every two months. Might grab it more often if it wasn’t in a complete shit location. :D

the kid used to get Chick-fil-A a lot.

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

We go out of our way to find a Mom and Pop diner type place that doesn't have Wall Street behind them, their supplies, and their advertising.

Fuck fast food.

Spang308 and Banditracer like this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A new Popeye's chicken opened up here recently so I tried it out- apparently the new hotness is a menu with no prices on it. Probably a good ploy, because if I had seen the prices I might have kept driving. Was also not impressed with the food.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.