1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoD Strapless trailer restraint system? Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Todd, Feb 2, 2024.

1. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

I already use a decdent front wheel chock and a canyon dancer typed front strap. This has worked great- little stress on the front end.

I'm looking into a rear wheel restraint system similiar to the Pit Bull system.

* My bike came with the pinds for my bike for the Pit Bull system, just not the rest of it LOL. If anyone is selling a floor plate and rear thingy- shoot me a price also.

Anyone have a review or using this one?

https://www.motodracing.com/suzuki-gsx-r-1000-strapless-motorcycle-trailer-restraint-stand-2001

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Just buy the parts from Pit Bull, its awesome and totally worth it.

3. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

I personally have not used the Moto-D system, I have Pitbulls on my trailer.

From my 2 friends who have used the Moto-D system and who both switched to Pitbull... Its Junk.

=)

4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I'll probably get some flack from somebody over this but the best quote I've heard is: "Those who love the Moto-D system haven't used the Pit-Bull TRS."

Chazzz, TLR67 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

The original STS (Strapless Transport Stands). I have a couple in my trailer, because Pit-Bull had no released the TRS. They work great.

You either have to back your bike into the trailer, or roll it through and install the stand while holding the bike. Infinitely less convenient than the Pit-Bull system.

I find it very functional, but in today's world see no reason not to buy the Pit-Bull system. If I were using mine more frequently I would upgrade to the TRS.

03RumbleBee and The Todd like this.
  6. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

I have 8 TRS systems. Wouldn’t think of using anything else.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

buy once cry once. Pit Bull is the only way to go. Ski

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Pit Bull all day every day and twice on Sundays.

The Todd and skidooboy like this.
  9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I also bought the STS before the PB existed. Now I have both, but only use the PB.

The Todd likes this.
  10. Critter

Critter Registered

Just buy the pit bull stuff, I have used them for street, dirt, in the trailer, in the back of my truck, on a hitch carrier, hell the only place I have NOT put on is on the back of a SXS.

Look Charlie has been Roadracing in the SE since Evelyne started probably, he is a racer all the way, spend your money there....Buy once and Cry twice like he said.

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I guess you may not have known Evelyn when she was heavily involved working for WERA when living in the midwest, years before she became the Czar she is today.

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

PB much easier to use than STS.

13. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

If you already have the pins, then not buying the rest of the system seems silly.
    Look at it this way, you spend a few hundred now, and when you're done with it, you sell it for a few hundred less $50. The Moto-D you buy now for a couple hundred, and when you're done with it, you give it away because no-one wants it. In the end, the Moto-D is more expensive and not as good.

The Todd likes this.
  14. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

15. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Another vote for Pit Bull. In addition to excellent products, their customer service is even better! Those guys are ALWAYS willing to go the extra mile to help you solve a problem, or get you what you need in the timeframe you need it.

The Todd and grapemustard like this.
  16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Pit Bull here too. They cannot be beat. I have to mount one of my bikes backwards due to trailer size and it is much more difficult to hold the bike up while putting the restraint on, I wish they would both work pointed forward so I could just roll them in. When you are tired after a long weekend easy is priceless.

The Todd likes this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Pitbull here too. I've done straps on a kickstand, wheel chock, with and without canyon dancers...the Pitbull TRS is so much nicer/simpler/easier/quicker

The Todd likes this.
  18. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Thank you everyone!

Like I said, my current way of a decent Harobr freight captive front chock, and canyon dancer on some straps, with a few straps on the back of the bike has worked well w/o torquing the H out of my front forks/seals.

My PO gave me the pins only. I askede him, stated he has since sold the trailer w/ the PB stuff too- except those pins.

19. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I have a couple PitBull TRS systems with over 200,000 miles on them…. two more with less miles. I think my original 2 I got back in 2008 or ‘09????

They are amazing.

DaveB likes this.
  20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

With this hobby we spend a lot of money on"stuff". Get the remaining kit from pitbull...it's one of the best purchases I've made related to bikes