1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Mirage murders

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 30, 2024.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So, it hasn’t happened yet… ;)

I guess you all need to come out of your wine cellars in your gated communities and see what “average” is…

Steeltoe and Jed like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You seriously! Could dig through dumpsters out here from a grow,and find discarded weed.Its only bud,and trimmings go into trash

pickled egg likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So we’ve come so far that dumpster weed > ditch weed? :crackup:

ToofPic likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Awhile ago I was listening to a couple of pot aficionados talk about the stuff. I had no idea about what they were talking about. It was like wine or tactifools yap on about their latest passion.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably the same way cigarette traffickers make fortunes in Europe: no taxes on the transactions.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Your average "hippy stoner" up here is no more, now they're like the hipster connoisseur's critiquing various IPAs. They are WAY more into it, than you'd think. All the guys I know are anyway, which is quite a few lol. Even all the retired old boys (buddies Dads) I know that have been stoners since their teens in the 70's are FAR more knowledgeable about all the various strains and THC content etc than you'd ever thinking. Legalizing it has brought so much info and information out into the light, and it's totally different than it used to be. No comparison.

I don't know the first thing about any of it. Last time I touched the stuff was about 10 years ago it damn near put me in a coma lol. Turns out it was high times bud of the year which was information that would have been beneficial before it was my turn with the party joint lol. It's a different game now.

Gino230, ToofPic and rd400racer like this.
  8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

'The Simpsons' had a good episode where Otto ends up being freaked out by legal weed. "I've dreamed my whole life for legalized weed, turns out it's a real buzzkill". Homer opens a store that brings back the old ways. When he hands Otto a bag, Otto replies "It's all stems and seeds. Thank you".

I too miss the old days, and will stick to my old ways. No gummie, no vape, no shredder tool. I like to tear it apart, to twist up, to put that just right end on it, to toke it, to finish it off on the LEATHERMAN. There's nothing wrong with holding on to the traditions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to run some money over to my girl.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY. LOL

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Seems, maybe "averages" differ from people to people. Seems my "Average" is similar to CPetit, while your average might be a little more "Meth". The "average" around here would kick you out of the club for bringing that dried out mexican trash.

SuddenBraking, rd400racer and stk0308 like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

This was given to me by the owner on one of my deliveries and it was considered something along the lines of a PBR of weed. Just something for the ride home ho- hum weed. The owner had spent time federal prison before going legal.
    This bud was called government bud,as a joke

Attached Files:

cpettit likes this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It's not just that, they require all kinds of expensive shit to get the licenses. Security systems, insurance, and it's taxed on several different levels. So the govt has basically created the black market. From what I understand, in most states, it takes a shit ton of money to open up.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

*Average* is a very misunderstood word.

Consider: the majority of people have an above-average number of arms. o_O

PatricksDad likes this.
  14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

weed might be legal here, BUT theres still MANY grow ops...in my gated neighborhood - it is FULL of them...on my street alone we saw a house get raided 6 houses up. the whole house is a grow op. asians buy the houses here, then bring over immigrants to live in and work it. they get 1 room (these are pretty big houses 4k square ft - worth about 1mil) the rest is top to bottom, hallways etc - plants. so as we are talking to the police about this house - he says there are likely several more houses in our community that are currently growing they arent aware of - and they already raided several....so as we are talking on the road - he is saying this...low and behold a month later the house we were standing in front of having this discussion was raided lol. no doubt theres many more in here. they buy the houses, and then grow - make money on the appreciation with zero risk - because they are actually not in country...the workers basically get a ticket! pay a fine and are out! (per the officer), and the situation repeats.

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

And they don't need to haul it over the border, just grow it here. I hear North CA is even worse
    https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-ne...nes-cartels-setting-up-marijuana-farms-in-us/

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I work with the everyday "averages." They are my engineers, interns, accountants, maintenance techs, forklift drivers, and production employees.

None of them want the stigma of having to roll papers and smell like a pile of burning leaves. Smoking weed got elevated because it became bougie. Just like beer. Before you had you had American pilsners, Heineken, Corono, and Guinness. Walk into your liquor store now and while you can still buy all of the above, there's a minimum of 30 different IPA's that some kid in shorts and a wool cap will try to convince you its the nectar of the gods.

I get it though. Back in your day they just had meade. :D

17. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

One of few movies that got the book very close with Josh brolin (love tht guy) , The road with that Viggo Mortensen is another killa . I didnt want to put the book down for fear of the Kid not making it

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I have nothing to add to this thread except that a little ways West in Palmdale at Edwards AFB Plant 42 there are 2 really cool SR71 Blackbirds at the entrance to the base :D

There were known to get really "high". ;)

upload_2024-1-31_15-16-30.png

cha0s#242, Steeltoe, brex and 2 others like this.
  19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

And looks like one of those U2 spy planes

20. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

theres also a variant at the science center in LA...been there 2x, both times amazed that i am actually looking at a blackbird! the shuttle was equally damn cool!