1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Mirage murders

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Cormac Mccarthy is my favorite author and pretty sure I have everything he has ever published except for the Man and Whale thing that some say doesn't exist save for a jumble of excerpts that have managed to surface

Gino230 likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Most of the states where weed's legal are taxing the shit out of it , it's way more expensive than from your local guy so the " illegal " market is still there.

5axis and ToofPic like this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

When we went out west snowboarding last year, we stopped at one of the dispensaries to check it out. It was not at all what I expected. I thought it would be Shag and Scoob gettin' high in the back and the place would reek of Patchouli, Nag Champa and skunk weed.

Heck no. Glass displays, finance guy running spreadsheets in his little corner office. Guy comes out and starts explaining everything like I am buying a Ferrari. The stuff was insane. Neon purple, orange, and pink hairs growing off of it. This one for sleep issues, this one for this and that. He popped the top on the little snow globe and holy shit that did not smell like the stuff from high school.

So if it's all readily available here, how are the cartels making so much money still?

ToofPic likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You went to a fucking weed boutique.

You think the average stoner gives a shit about the pedigree of the dank he’s about to torch?

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Yes, They do. Most of my riding buddies, myself, many of my colleagues and even family members are big time enthusiasts and they absolutely do read up on it and find the ones with the characteristics they are looking for. My father has a bad knee and hip and he likes the gummies that don't get you too high (heavy CBD) in the evening. My friend drives to Michigan once a month and buys 6-8 ounces of flower for himself and who ever says they want some too It's $95 an oz there vs $300 an ounce here in Ohio. Some markets have become flooded with product to the point where it's value has plummeted to ridiculous lows. Cali is the same way so bulk amounts are the only way to make up for it. I suspect this Cali shootout was over an incredibly large amount (if it was in fact over cannabis) .

Robby-Bobby, rd400racer and ToofPic like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I heard on the news they found 80-90k lbs of marijuana and a lot of cash too.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm 45 minutes from the Akwesasne Indian res. When NY legalized it the pot shops exploded over there. There's everything from high end classy places to sheds on the side of the road. So much weed around here guy's that grow a little have to pretty much give it away to sell any.

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Here last week they found this couple out in California. They rent out rooms for old people, kill' em, bury' em in the yard, cash their social security checks. Well, they'd torture 'em first. I don't know why. Maybe the television set was broke.

And this went on until... here, I quote: "Neighbors were alerted when a man ran from the premises wearing only a dog collar." Can't make up such a thing as that-I dare you to even try. But that's what it took, you notice, to get somebody's attention. Diggin' graves in the backyard didn't bring any.

Ski

SuddenBraking and Gino230 like this.
  10. Hyperdyne

Burning the bodies and leaving everything behind is an absolute cartel play. Sounds like they knew it was a setup of some kind and decided to send a message.

Boman Forklift and cpettit like this.
  11. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

45 years ago that was our goto spot for camping and riding. At least once a month we would pack up and head out. Usually six to ten of us with various girlfriends at the time.
    Dirt bikes, shot guns, shitty tents, loads of firewood. Even took a keg of beer a couple of times.
    Put a ton of miles on riding out there.
    The one memory jumping out as I type this was my brother's Suzuki TM 400 trying to kill me! Once that thing started swapping in the whoops you were done!

Gino230 and socalrider like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And you consider yourself and your family/friends “average stoners”?

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Very much so. I know plenty of others who are much much more into it. They are into making the wax, extracts ect. It becomes a hobby for scientists and engineers at some point.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Methinks the brian damage has skewed your perspectives on “average”…

Rebel635 likes this.
  15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I can Promise you!! They are very selective/snobby about what they smoke! I'm on a few N.california forums for local stuff.I've watched
    guys try to barter some great looking bud,only to be laughed at,and made fun of the quality! I'm personally thinking that shit would be golden
    back home in Ga. if selling,but these assholes beat it up,if it aint hairy/crystals and some cute color.
    I myself have not smoketh any of the devils lettuce,but I can appreciate the monetary value that comes with it.That picture I posted above..those
    two kids had a huge tote of shake they were just throwing away!! I was in tears thinking of money I could make back in Ga.with what they considered trash
    bunk weed! I'm telling ya! They are very selective,and all the head shops,as mentioned above have that stuff under glass domes,and salesmen.I only tried
    gummies,cause you can kinda micro dose it.
    Cuckaine is the new/old thing currently around here.All the cool kids are getting popped for it,and its getting worse!

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm guessing you are pretty off the mark with what a "stoner" looks like these days.
    cpettit's description is about right and matches what I see my friends, their wives, partners and co-workers are doing when getting "pot".

Unless it's outlawed in the state, no one is really buying a dime bag of dirt weed from the dude on the corner anymore.

SuddenBraking, stk0308 and rd400racer like this.
  17. Hyperdyne

The majority of people nowadays just pop gummies. What used to be getting completely smashed on alcohol after a bad da is popping a gummie and zoning out.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When did the average stoner go from eating Doritos by the gross and watching Chris Farley movies to eating avocado toast and having a sommelier for choosing their glacial spring water?

19. Hyperdyne

When Gen X'rs grew up. Honestly, that's what it is.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

About 2 year after it became legal everywhere and the Spicoli image started to give way.
    You've got soccer mom's shopping with their CBD Concierge (tm), not buying a dime bag from Chuck in the worn out flannel behind the 7/11.

stk0308 and rd400racer like this.