1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identify parts in 14 ZX10R

Discussion in 'Tech' started by corvette95, Jan 20, 2024.

1. corvette95

corvette95 Well-Known Member

Prepping my first race bike in ten years. Installing hot bodies but can’t remember where the rectifier goes and this unknown module goes.‘I have zero memory of taking it off.
    Help appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I believe the unknown module might be the cover for the ECU under the tank. I had the rectifier on the left side, attached behind the left side plastic upper. The upper was fitted, and the screw went through the upper, then the rectifier, then into the threaded hole in the frame.

3. corvette95

corvette95 Well-Known Member

First of all, you are right about the ECM part. It goes OVER the airbox top box on top of the ECM. Sure dont remembering it coming off from there. Next the rectifier, it mounts to the left side oem bodywork but currently installing hotbodies and they don't have a place to mount plus I would like to get it off the fairing anyway just for added protection of it getting damaged with fairing damage. What did you do for both the rectifier and the relay bank on the left side gas tank cover? Thanks again!

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

6F8C3C7D-4040-4955-B21A-46BE1C98D078.jpeg Replied to your other post

corvette95 likes this.
  5. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I didn't add anything to the rectifier except screw it through the back plate and into the frame behind the plastic; TLR's above solution is much nicer than mine. I don't remember the relay bank, but I think it just tucked under the plastic tank cover in left side. Found an old pic, but need to resize.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    corvette95 likes this.
  6. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

For the zx10, if youre staying with oem street harness youll either need to mount it to the backside of the bodywork in the oem location, or extend the wires and mount it elsewhere. The kit harness relocates it to just above the countershaft sprocket. I've heard of people extending the oem street harness to do the same. Mike Godin from KWS makes an affordable bracket that will allow you to mount it there above the sprocket. Or you can buy one from reactive parts or MSS performance.

corvette95 likes this.
  7. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I just bolted my rectifier into the race fairing in the OEM spot. I used some felt to cushion the bracket.

corvette95 likes this.