Why aren’t there Americans left in Motogp

Discussion in 'General' started by 392, Jan 17, 2024.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid::confused:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sponsorship cash.

3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea but is it really that difficult to get if you're even remotely close to qualified? I've never heard of someone missing out on a ride due to this license.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In practice, I'm not even sure where that would come into play. No team competing in the series is going to show up with JRP and turn him loose on the track on Friday morning. And he can't just show up with his own bike and try to get in.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Pretty consistent lately that when a MotoGP rider goes down their replacement rider is the factories test rider. They very rarely call up someone from another series, anymore. Honda was double employing their World Superbike guys to fill spots these past could years. Pirro has been the Ducati "911" guy for a couple years now, too.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

And that's the way it used to be...

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

lol I have some amazingly good Polen "negotiations" and payments stories. LOL love the dude but hes a character.

27 likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yep! If you know you know I guess :crackup:

the best was the “trade” he requested at the end of the weekend… no man, just no… :D

it was fun having him though and made great memories for sure… his last ever pro Superbike race

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Um... who else would you put on it? Gonna say this has little to nothing to do with the bike and more to do with those riders being the both the team's best chance at a decent finish and best equipped to continue supplying data and feedback for development.

11. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive my post/opinion. I am having fun racing with my 9yr old daughter. The problem we have is there is nothing when it comes to racing. We have a local track day company putting together a mini race series and so far, they have done an amazing job. However, this is a localized event.

I am not a dad gloating here. She has talent and has speed at 9yrs old. Along with many other kids. I am by far not well off by any means. However, I do have the ability and capacity to travel and get her more involved. There is nothing on a national level.

The miniseries put on my Moto America is tailored to Ohvales and pre-teen kiddos. I will leave my opinion on Ohvales out of here. I have reached out to Moto America, and they seem committed to this path.

We need a national West/East Series with better options for kids to train and race.... period. More classes, and more opportunity.

Many Dads are trying to go the Spain route....but again I will leave my opinion on this out of here.

I truly feel if even our state level club racing organizations made the effort to open up mini racing for kids at certain places the next future talent will show up. We have a decent group of kiddos here in SoCal that legitimately can go someplace with racing. We just don't have a true series with classes. We have plenty of tracks, just need a more legitimate series. This will naturally generate competition and so forth....

Namarow likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What is out here now? When we raced there was CMRRA, SCMiniGP, Young Lee M1 GP, I think it was called, and WERA.

13. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

They are all gone. Mr. Lee doesn't have a very good reputation around these parts.

14. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed watching Micky Lou Sanchez take that journey. Its not for everybody but he seems to be doing well.

I should correct my post. Many are trying to go to Spain to hook up with the ....air quotes.... "Spanish trainers" in hopes of getting noticed.....need to be very careful with this.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

what's your name ?

16. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

This you?

[​IMG]

noles19 likes this.
  18. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

If the goal of MotoAmerica is to get riders into MotoGP then why isn't there a lightweight GP class? Wouldn't that make more sense than supersport?

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Nobody will show up for it.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

What is your daughter riding? Just have fun with it. No need to have any serious aspirations at nine years old.

voss555 likes this.