1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for bike/gear storage in South Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 18, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hate to read stuff like this... I LOVE south Miami Beach. Great architecture, great food, beautiful people & beaches, a polite latino population with good family values. Sure, there's a dark underbelly, but it just adds to the diversity.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It is it's own culture, I grew up in it and go back to it for work. I just prefer to live out of the US. But Miami is kind of funny that you can live your entire life and never know a word of English. And you have Cuban coffee so good it's like syrup with enough caffeine to last 2 days in one shot

motion likes this.
  3. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

I live in broward county. An idea would be to put all your stuff in a secure van and find a big name storage place to keep it parked. Make sure its in a decent neighborhood (would stay out of miami/dade county). Or just rent a small unit there and also keep your van parked as well. Youll be spending around 200-300 a month for storage for a spot or a small unit.

motion likes this.
  4. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Daytona is 2 hours away. Jennings is 3.5 hours away. Homestead is 5 hours. Roebling is 5.5 hours. Rd Atlanta is 7.5 hours. Barber is 10 hours.

motion likes this.
  5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, true enough. A little scary at night on the two-lane on-coming traffic part, and the Plant City/Brandon part toward the Tampa end has gotten pretty built up, but certainly a valid alternative. If you are further north in Brevard, you can take some nice back roads down to Yeehaw Junction (yes, that's a place) and pick up 60.

Just realized that the airport next to the motor enclave is the old "Vandenburg" airport that my dad used to keep his plane at. It was a grass field then, with no night lighting.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Oh yeah, big skydiving scene in Deland and some in Titusville as well. Not in the sport, so not sure where else.

motion likes this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I didn’t read all the replies but you’re always welcome here at D&D.

I have plenty of room in the race shop.

Tracks and distance:
    Barber-4 hr
    Tally-4.5 hr
    Jennings- 3 hr
    Daytona-6hr
    Road Atl- 6hr
    Roebling Bling- 6 hr

8. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Zephyrhills also has Sky Dive City

motion likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks dude, really appreciate that offer!