1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for bike/gear storage in South Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 18, 2024.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.Bigtime.

ducnut likes this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Bonus being close to @Robby-Bobby

TurboBlew and 5axis like this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep, we really like the whole Baldwin County area.

Tried like hell to find teaching jobs down there a couple years back, but nothing gelled up and family priorities have changed since then.

ducnut likes this.
  4. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Get a setup at the place discussed here: https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/the-motor-enclave.384877

I can recommend the space coast (cape canaveral to vero) as a place to get "reasonable" (for some not me) oceanfront property. Easy access to all three current tracks and it isn't that far from the Motor Enclave, but you have to take I-4, which sucks.

motion likes this.
  5. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

If in Vero just jump SR 60. That will run you start into Tampa.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's hard to describe, Africa is the most bad ass no rules, no regulations, with wild animals and fish, that can kill you and the best kiteboarding in the world. In the last two years spent time In Egypt, Madagascar, ZAMBIA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zanzibar, Tanzania, South Africa But to answer your question, definitely ongoro goro crater and serengetti national park in Tanzania

motion likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My parents live in a community in Fort Myers, and I can confirm that prices in that development (it's called Fiddlesticks) went absolutely bonkers during Covid. Same house that was $400K pre-Covid is now $1.2M after.

ducnut likes this.
  8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Yes it’s dumb , this area has exploded. Naples is stupid money but ft Myers is doing its best to catch up
    Development is going east and paying $500k plus for 30mins from the beach boggles my mind

ducnut likes this.
  9. Captain Morgan

20231018_113941_copy_756x1008.jpg pulled up to this guy eating a baby elephant, then the herd went on a full rampage with 20 lions running away, kind of sad to see the elephants hurting for the baby

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The most flagrant down there is the idiot who tore down that beautiful $50M home to build his “net-zero” $330M mansion. The stupidity is disregarding all the materials of the original place going to the landfill, all the fuel, manpower, equipment, waste, etc, then, to claim the new monstrosity of new materials and manpower has zero impact. A tidbit people don’t know, is he rented a huge warehouse space where he has rooms mocked up, with cabinetry and fixtures, so he can see what they look like, makes whatever changes, then, it all gets torn down and thrown away. Last I heard, the mocked up kitchen had 7(!) different re-designs. The basement bathroom count was up to 8, when I was last there. One contractor I talked to said he regretted ever getting involved with that project, because the owner is such a PITA to deal with.

11. Captain Morgan

trust me, thier is no logic, I work on a yacht that someone is paying 3 thousand a day for. Their is no ryhme or reason to it. Certain people have money to waste and others don't. I just want my 998 yellow monoposto and life will be complete

ducnut likes this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Instead of living a life of acquisition, you’re living a life of experiences and memories, of which many of us are envious.

KneeDragger_c69 and motion like this.
  13. Captain Morgan

I think a lot of people on here have great lives and kind of a different level to throw a leg over a motorcycle and say I want to go as fast as possible, most regular people don't live or experience that life.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    KneeDragger_c69, ducnut and mike w like this.
  14. Captain Morgan

I 'm living a a life of rum, there is a difference

ducnut likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Vero Beach looks interesting... I have a buddy that camped out there in his motorhome during Covid. Real estate looks pretty reasonable. I'll have to explore more.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I love me some South Africa. Its the only part of Africa that I've really liked so far. Which country that you've visited in Africa has the most overall appeal?

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Fack me, Florida is a bit more complicated than I anticipated! Appreciate your data points...

ducnut likes this.
  18. Captain Morgan

Floridha, no need to comment more

19. Captain Morgan

but born and raised

20. Captain Morgan

if your coming from Colorado, Asia, you will be in for a rude awakening. Saying this as a friend, South Florida is like a bad ex girlfriend, you say hi and leave as fast as possible

ducnut likes this.