1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitarists, show us your wood!

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadRacerX, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Picked up this Epiphone 59 (Gibson Customshop re-issue) a few months ago. It pairs well with the little Vox amp. image1-2.jpeg image0-4.jpeg

noles19, Wingnut and gixxernaut like this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

800 bucks. Guy was sponsored by them and got new ones every year. Sold his old ones cheap, probably for weed money.
    "I used own a carbon fiber guitar, until I got high..."

gixxernaut and Sabre699 like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tried getting back into playing but this time I was going to force myself to play a Strat style guitar. Tried a borrowed Fender player series and a PRS silver sky SE and between my sucking and repeatedly jamming my knuckles in the controls i continue to hate S bodies (not to mention the fender neck).

The tele worked better for me but at what seemed to be 20 pounds. . . :D

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

You realize of course that there was a time when Keith Richards sucked at playing the guitar. Granted it was before the invention of the steam engine, but if you're willing to put in the practice time you can get your chops back.

5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

NBD! I have craved a Dano since I saw John playing one on a TMBG video. Now I got one. It plays like buttah.

Screenshot_20240112_170655_Gallery.jpg

Hondo likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

He still does

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was craving a new guitar earlier this year, and for some reason I've always wanted a Danelectro like Page used to play. A good friend talked me out of it. I still want one.

motoboy likes this.
  8. motoboy

I've heard people bitch avout them as toys, poor quality, etc. but this thing blows my Ibbies out of the water. Big BIG tone and perfect quality. I may move the neck straplock to the upper horn eventually.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reviews I’ve seen of the latest danelectos have been extremely positive.

For $600 what are you really risking? Buy one!

motoboy likes this.
  10. motoboy

Now that you can adjust the truss rod without pulling the neck.

11. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

Figured you for a Les Paul Jr, single P90 kind of guy.

12. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

You have to admit he did come up with some great riffs/arrangements in open G.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Love ‘em but the hum and feedback is too difficult to deal with. I’m not quick enough on the dial back and I hate pedals.

14. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

Thats why I like the strat layout, the volume knob is a pinky's reach away.

Just lower the middle pickup and get it out of your way, its mostly useless.
    You dont want to associate with anyone that uses it anyways.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m a shit player with a shit style, never learned to play right. A junior should be perfect and is but I sweat too much and get the hum in my “sweet spot.”

a buddy is loaning me two guitars that he thinks might be my “thing”

edit: I have to run a weird combo of strings on a junior. 10s but heavier highs and have to tune a lot. Intonation is impossible.

16. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

Intonation on a wraparound bridge is a compromise regardless.

I know neither Jack nor Shit, but I assume you're pulling strings sharp?
    Next couple weeks you practice, turn your amp up a notch louder than normal and leave it there.
    Both hands tend to work at the same levels. If you learn to control volume and dynamics with your picking hand, your touch with the left hand will lighten up to where you can use lighter strings and not work so hard.

And make sure to play at Volume every once in a while. Stage levels and bedroom levels are different animals altogether.
    Trust me, the neighbors will have a new found respect for you.

17. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

For years I just left the guitar volume control dimed all the time. Then I started backing it off, helps with feedback and tightens things up.