1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding Schools

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by ROSSIFAN, Jan 11, 2024.

1. ROSSIFAN

ROSSIFAN Well-Known Member

Looking into riding schools for 2024. I am not looking to go racing just wanting to improve the skills and get a little faster. Interested in getting thoughts and opinions on YCRS and California Superbike school (pros and cons).

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

YCRS will help you more on track, Cali more on street but both will help overall.

beac83, ROSSIFAN and mattys281-2 like this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have a friend that took the latest iteration of CSS. He was extremely happy with the results... he went from 2 trackdays to club racing in AFM inside of 6 months. What part of the country are you in @ROSSIFAN ?

4. mattys281-2

mattys281-2 Well-Known Member

Haven’t done the Yamaha school.

ca Superbike school is a good program, and a really good starting point. If you go through the full two weekend program, days 1-3 are based around a structured curriculum, but on the last day it’s adeal where you and your coach will determine individualized exercises for you to focus on. We got going pretty quick.

one on one coaching has been what I’ve got the most out of. Jason Pridmores program is probably the best I’ve done. He has Moto America riders doing his coaching. I worked with Andrew Lee for a day out at Chuckwalla a couple months ago. Well worth the money.

5. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

YCRS 100%…

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Which YCRS class is the right one for racers? There’s several schools and I’m not sure which one is the best. I see there's a racer only school, but there’s only a couple of dates, and it seems like it’s geared for younger folks wanting to have a pro career.

7. ROSSIFAN

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like doing either will be helpful.
    TurboBlew - I am in the Southeast, but I am thinking about going out to Cali with a couple of mates to do CSS.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

ChampSCHOOL is the right one to start. They won't let you do ChampRACE until you do a 2-day school anyway.

ChampRace is filled with guys like me (57 yrs old) learning from current MotoAmerica racers.

BrentA likes this.
  9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I’ll see if there’s still any slots open.

10. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

CSS is VERY structured, like minute by minute, and I feel super satisfied, faster/safer after I got 1 and 2 done and still use all those lessons today. They do it right by breaking everyones skill set down first and then starting from scratch. Very teacher-like. Class, apply, class, apply system that worked awesome for me. I feel that the more personalized 3 and 4 will exponentially build on that and can't wait to afford it:) Teachers, teaching.

When they offered Yamaha ChampDAY, I did that and liked the individual approach right away, ALL the instructors are motogods:) but it was more of a get what you put in thing. You can get a LOT out if you are experienced enough to know what to ask. I loved it but would have got more out being either more experienced or know what to ask. Racers, teaching.

Schooling in the one investment you take with you from bike to bike, forever. I'd do both again and really want to get with Jason Pridmore once I get fast enough to utilize the knowledge, Those fuckers FLY around Chuckwalla.

11. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I'm launching some Masterclass schools this year and have 6 scheduled so far. Having been involved in the school world for a couple of decades, I've been wanting to create a program that has an easier point of entry and covers my fundamentals. Look for a depth description coming in the next few week, but here are some links that provide a good amount of info and pricing.

https://substack.com/@kenhill/note/c-48256940

Ken

The B Team, Seiko, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Subscribing so I get reminded to sign up for a damn school this year.

khill likes this.
  13. ROSSIFAN

Thanks for all of the input. Sounds like going to either is money well spent. I am signed up for a one on one with SBTT and will follow it up with CSS. I'll post with my experiences as well.

mastermind likes this.
  14. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

I signed up as soon as I got the PM from the TD org.
    Looking forward to riding with you.

mastermind and khill like this.
  15. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

We have had great feedback from our customers who have taken our 1on1 program. It’s a pretty unstructured arrangement where the coach rides with the customer and then develops a curriculum to help that individual.

Looking forward to seeing what you think.

t