Flatrock Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jul 19, 2022.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That’s a pretty large area. Looks like a long row of hauler parking spots. IMG_1077.jpeg

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

once can hope, but yeah, i think they are good with one US round as is

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Not only would it be cool if they ran a GP there, but run the entire track! There are some cool corners going on there....

BigBird and Banditracer like this.
  4. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

+1

And the Armco is sketchy as fuck. No thank you.

5. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I don’t think Flatrock has anything to do with Trackhouse.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

8. Mk4Matt

Mk4Matt Well-Known Member

9. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

The commentary from the passenger was...awkward...

But elevation looks sweet.

jg791, koth442, prm and 2 others like this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Every time I hear or see the name "Flat Rock Motorsports Park" I think of the old saying.... "It's raining harder than a cow pissing on a flat rock". That's all I have to add to this thread. Carry on..

rd400racer, E Reed and Senna like this.
  11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Im surprised they ever turned right.

Why do tracks put effort into separating "club" and "competition" tracks? Why not just have one track that is the best possible? Anyone have any ideas?

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

A couple of reasons:

Operationally, it allows them to have pricing options. It also allows them to run two events at the same time.

From a business perspective, your goal is to generate as much revenue as possible. Filling up open capacity is the same in a manufacturing facility. So the more options you have for the customer, the better chance you have.

BigBird, koth442 and stangmx13 like this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That downhill right at 2:27 looks cool. The passenger thought it was “just great”.

“Is Porsche the car of your choice?” How to tell me you are a pretentious a$$ without telling me…. Am I reading too much into the commentary?

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

There's a spot there that reminds me of Meadowdale in Carpentersville, IL. They had a section where the track was going opposite directions separated by guardrail. Not a great idea when someone launches over it.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I didn’t see a spot where the track comes alongside itself. They start at T22 on their map and you can follow it around. It does look great so far.

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Maybe it was a service road? Kind of easy to get disoriented on location, but it looks absolutely kick ass. Man, it's got so many great elevation changes, blind corners, fast, slow.....awesome.

prm likes this.
  17. koth442

Portimao, USA version. Awesome.

stangmx13 likes this.
  18. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Are these private car club tracks ever opened up for motorcycle racing or trackdays outside of GP/WSBK? Basically, is there any chance I’m going to get to race or ride here? If not, I’ll stop caring about this place now.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

More than likely you will be able to yes

koth442 likes this.
  20. koth442

They'll definitely offer it up for rent to MC groups. Whether or not its at an affordable price remains to be seen.

tl1098 likes this.