1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I am on my fourth holster. I started with a We the People, which is all around cheap. I then tried another budget brand called Tacticon Armament which concealed well and was comfortable with a stick-on foam wedge, but I kept bashing my knuckles on the claw/wing thing while practicing draws. I then went with a Tenicore Velo4 (the Reddit favorite), it was pretty uncomfortable to me because of the built in molded wedge. This was made a bit better with a stick-on foam wedge. I finally landed on a Tier 1 Xiphos Elite for AIWB and a TRex Ironside for OWB and have been super happy with them both. A lot of people on Reddit also swear by the Tenicore Certum for no WML and the SagaxLux if you do run a light.

I really should've replied to @Dillonjohnson but I wanted to reinforce the notion that you just have to try a bunch of holsters to find what works. Also don't be afraid to try the various wedge methods as well. Some folks are using Mastermind Tactics Pillow wedge, some use a Dr. Scholl's adhesive heel pad. I have had good luck with the stick on foam ones from Tier 1. Currently running the standard width Medium, but will go with the wide one next time I need one.

https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/t1c-wedges

redtailracing likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I hear good things about the comfort of Aliengear holsters. Very comfortable. Youre gonna amass holsters:beer: until you encounter THE ONE. Good Luck

3. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

dazo likes this.
  5. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

The Xipos Elite is definitely one im gonna order and see how i like it.

GixxerJohn011 and dazo like this.
  6. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I think you will be pretty happy with it. I find the wider spaced clips prevent it from moving around so much, but it is nice that it is modular and you can change things up to see what you like. I left mine the way it came. I would also recommend getting the wedge sizing pack, they improve comfort and concealability.

Definitely get a good belt. I am using the Blue Alpha EDC, but I've heard the Tenicore Zero and the Kore are good as well. Just depends on the buckle you want.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I believe I have a couple Canik's that need new homes. GREAT guns, don't get me wrong, but with my Staccato's, Sigs and CZ's....I think these are going to get dusty in my safe.
    I'd rather see them go to a good home that will enjoy them.

I have a TP9 Elite Subcompact with a SwampFox optic on it (Holster is gone...Brick used it as a chew toy..sorry) Let's say $250 plus buyer pays FFL and any shipping.

I have an SFX Mete with a Holosun 407 Let's say $500 plus any shipping and FFLs.

I have a Canik Rival with a Holosun 507 (someone's expressed interest, and I'm going to give the man some time to prove he's serious..but then if someone wants it, get ticket #2) $550 plus costs.

Might be willing to negotiate a bit, but the shipping and FFL are on the buyer.

None of them has 1000 rounds through them. Cleaned after every time I took them to the range too.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  8. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Sent this to some friends. I have some bites, I’ll let you know if anything sures up.

What color is the mete? All the stuff with it?

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

They are both black.

Everything should be in the cases. The only thing I may be missing is the optics cover plate for iron sights.

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

pm'd

11. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

Stopped by my local shop the other day, i hadn't been there for a while. Looks like they make a hellcat pro, and a sig 365XL now. They both looked pretty good, anyone have a 365XL? I have a rifle coming in there and may sweep one of them up alongside it when i go back.

12. Tristan

question- on an out of state private party sale do both the seller and buyer need to use FFL's (double fees?)?

13. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

14. Tristan

handgun if it matters

15. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

That’s worse. I can’t remember the details of the law vs the problem with shippers.

The receiving FFL has to accept from a private individual. Not all will.

There are issues with shipping a handgun as a private individual, but you’ll need to research that in more detail.
    I have personally shipped a long gun to a FFL in a different state with no issues.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If you are selling a handgun to someone in another state:
    1) you need to go to that state (or ship)
    2) the transaction needs to be at a FFL

Example:
    Idaho seller wants to sell me their pistol.
    They would either need to come to meet me at an FFL in Oregon, or ship to an FFL.

If you are buying, the seller needs to come to you, or ship to you.
    One can not cross state lines to buy a pistol (legally) that I'm aware of.

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ugh, I said I wasn't gonna start any new projects until at least a few more of my current ones were complete. Then the restock notification hits. :(
    upload_2024-1-10_14-16-58.png

britx303 likes this.
  19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

1600 for a lower? I know nothing about them why is this that expensive?

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I like rooftop defense too!!! Head sweatshop worker has gotten parts to me ridiculously fast :D