1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk Me Out of a Kramer

Discussion in 'General' started by Need_4_Speed, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Need_4_Speed

Need_4_Speed Well-Known Member

Everything I’ve heard about Kramer motorcycles has been positive, except for maybe the price. The resale seems to be decent though.

Are there any reason to not drop some serious money into one of these bikes?

For my purposes it would mostly be a track bike but I’d like to start dabbling in some racing.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Buy the bike. You only live once.

DJ Baker, Wingnut, cha0s#242 and 9 others like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

if for some reason you don't like it I might take it off your hands. Only thing that baffles me is the price difference between the base and fancy models- I don't see the $8k difference in value.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yup...do it.

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Damn right. :beer:

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you're doing track days go for it. If you're racing, you're limited to what classes you can compete in since it is not a production street legal motorcycle.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's a sweet bike....you know you want it....

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No.

And, Epstein didn’t kill himself.

tl1098 likes this.
  11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Everyone I know with one seemed pretty happy with them. I would at least take a glance at the rulebook for whatever your local race org is and see what classes you'd be eligible and competitive in.

12. Need_4_Speed

The replies are pretty much what I was expecting. Thanks for reinforcing my bad decision everyone.

HPPT, motion, Razr and 1 other person like this.
  13. Need_4_Speed

From what I’ve heard there is at least a class or two the 890 can run in, but I need to figure out which ones and if they have decent participation. I’m in NY, so racing would be in the northeast.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Trying to help you make a good decision.

G2G and ToofPic like this.
  15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You’re still here? Sod off and buy the damn bike. Then take her clothes off, take pictures, and post them all on this BBS.

Sabre699 and ToofPic like this.
  16. Need_4_Speed

This is why I came here. People in my every life are such downers when it comes to these things.

Can anyone hypothesize what the big difference I’ll feel between a S1000RR and the GP2-890? Besides the obvious horsepower difference of course.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Well that RR is a street bike and the Kramer is a purpose built track only bike. Sure the BMW has more power but I'll bet that Kramer handles like a dream. I've never ridden one but everyone that has sure likes them. If it's in the finances.......

ToofPic likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You've come to the right place for bad decisions

dave3593, cha0s#242 and G2G like this.
  19. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

powerband is going to be your big one. first time i rode my RC8c i promptly hit the limiter just pulling out onto pit lane. it redlines real low and the power is even lower. it jumps off corners and forgives you if you're in too high of a gear ( i seem to be a gear higher in the corner vs other bikes ive ridden on the same track... ie, 2nd gear corners are now 3rd). you don't have to wait for it to spool up and get that top end rush like you do on an inline.

that and the weight. they're really light.

20. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

The last time I was at Thunderhill they had 3 or 4 demos. I’d just gotten my 23 R7 so I didn’t ride one. The guy next to me had the “entry” model and loved it.