1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceparano Endurance Classic 1/26-28/24

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by William Schneider, Nov 15, 2023.

1. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

t11ravis likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guess it's nice they gave us credit for using our rules....

3. mrrogers

mrrogers Active Member

I'm not against putting a team together. Kinda short notice for an off season endurance race though especially given the extra logistics of an extra hour of racing and another race immediately after.

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We'll be there. :beer:

William Schneider and mrrogers like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

an actual race at Jennings??

t11ravis likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Right up until they realize how loud a start is no matter how you police the individual bikes...

7. William Schneider

William Schneider Well-Known Member

Jennings is in farm country, why is it such an issue? Do they just have terrible neighbors?

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yes, pretty much. The farmers say the noise is scaring their cows and horses...even though the track is surrounded by trees which help a lot to keep the noise in. When you drive to the track, you can barely here anything from the road, hardly any noise and the animals don't seem too bothered by it.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Some Cities just dont want to have nice things... like a decent hotel & restaurant that isn't 45 mins away in another State.
    Also it seems they don't want to cooperate with track owner(s) looking for permitting & alternate revenue like shifter carts.
    Its funny because I ride dirtbikes about 15 mins down the road in Pinetta... whose residents LOVE motorbikes.
    Im sure JGP could put on an enduro or harescramble within the confines of the property and not disturb neighbors but the City is uncooperative.

10. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

I really want to do this

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was entertaining this but never got a answer on the Sound rule... If register and bike does not pass do we get entries back? Crickets... One reason I quit going to Jennings...

12. CleverRiver6

iirc they have baffles you can rent. people will often just stuff some steel wool or throw on a stock exhaust

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically the track agreed to sound limits to be able to get built. When they break those limits they get in trouble.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It says on their site (Jennings) that they and Roebling agreed to limit certain exhausts. I know a certain set of neighbors at RRR are a PITA, but I haven't seen anything on their site about noise restrictions other than specific times of day.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no idea what they are talking about. Roebling does not have zoning limitiations per se, but they do have complaining neighbors and enforce their own sound limits to cut down on the BS. There was a point they kept running into an issue with a stubby Graves exhaust so they outlawed them but it was never an issue for us. Thye do still have someone measure sound on the front straight and occasionally we will have someone over, pretty standard stuff on that score.

Jennings on the other hand agreed to specific numbers at the property line I believe in order to even build the place. Race starts especially went over those numbers so they stopped letting us run races there. I have no idea what is or isn[t going on with the track day types doing races but it's not worth it at this point for us to go back, it was a money losing proposition most weekends anyway. We have plenty of great tracks in the SE we can run at that riders like.

Hyperdyne and William Schneider like this.
  16. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

They just posted on the FB page that they will test sound during tech. If the bike doesn't pass they will allow you to make modifications to get within the limit.

Also, anyone looking for another rider??

17. CleverRiver6

I don't like the 3 rider requirement. Wish it was just 2

18. I probably should've posted here sooner. I give you the quick version on how this came about. Real simple, I was in the office and asked to have an event and was told ok, that was October. I didn't care of the short notice I was/am determined to make this a good event. Way back when this placed opened myself and Steven Breckenridge were some of the first in line to ride, race, and have a track that was close to home. It is a shame racing doesn't happen here anymore, shit I won my first Championship in the North Florida Region right here. Every rule, restriction, and barrier I will try to overcome so everyone that feels the same about Jennings GP can ride in a race setting once again. Mongo I apologize about the rules it was a suggestion of the track but my fault for not talking to you first.

TurboBlew, Pmack and Will9465 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, no worries, I totally get things happening weirdly and quickly :D

20. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Who are you and what have you done with Sean?

:p

CleverRiver6 likes this.