1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst concert

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Dec 20, 2023.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

But I saw Robert Plant in the early 90s. He was pointing out the people smoking weed to security.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I had a few friends go see Dylan and Merle in 2005. They all agreed Merle stole the show and Dylan kind of shit the bed.

I’d like to see Willie but from all accounts he just talks through songs instead of singing now. I’d also like to see George Strait if you could make everybody shut their traps, but that always turns into drunken 100% participation karaoke.

GET OFF MY LAWN…and whatnot!

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

This is similar to mine, which actually was just recently. My family has always been super musical and always encouraged live music, and i've been going to shows since i was like 7 with my dad or brother or whoever. I've seen a million bands of all types from BB King 8 times to Steely Dan to Wu Tang to Hillary Hahn to Van Halen... Woodstock 94' when i was 12 years old... and i was having trouble thinking of any other show where i left annoyed like "man that sucked shit" besides this one a month ago. I could not pinpoint any single other show that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Not that many people would know this dude here I don't think, but there's this rapper Boldy James, who is legitimately talented as shit, and picks amazing production/beats, and was one of the few dudes I wanted to see live that I had never seen out of all the acts I know. me and my buddy get meet-n-greet tickets and all. it was him, and another rapper of equal caliber and popularity as the lineup. Now I say this, not as an attack or assumption, but possibly a reason why, but just conjecture so I'm not sure. Early this year dude got in a REAL bad car accident that broke his back and everything. Couple that with, there had been times before where dude was on instagram live sipping codeine and he talks about it in some raps sometimes, and people seemed to acknowledge he might have had a substance problem with it. So I can only imagine what drugs he was getting in the hospital all fucked up, let alone what it was doing to/for him if he already had a potential problem.

I dunno if it was codeine/weed or just plain old mega drunk or a combination of all of the above, but dude gets on stage so fuckin lit, that he's fucking up some of his own songs, starting them over, drunk apologizing to the crowd... and then let's his teenage son come on stage to rap some of his baby-bullshit which was paramount to going to watch your middle school kid perform in a school play. Then at one point he had to have this OTHER rapper dude who wasn't even on the playbill that night (who just happened to be there AND i actually like him too) come out and do like 5 of his own songs to just finish out the set cause dude just couldn't keep it together. At 41 years old, I left so fucking disappointed. Me and my boy were looking at each other just like, "what the fuck even was that?" I felt like I waited years to see this dude and have never been so let down from a show in my life.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Stevie Nicks was the finale at Bourbon and Beyond a couple years ago and after her first song she stopped and gave a lecture about how the smoke was affecting her and if it didn't stop she would stop performing. It was an outdoor show. I left after that.

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I saw Willie at a county fair for free like 35 years ago… it was good but it wasn’t my bag then at all… my grandpa played in Honkey Tonks before I was born and he was ecstatic

6. laz749

laz749 Active Member

ZZ Top ,Aero Smith in the late 70s.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. ton

ton Arf!

I’ve generally gotten lucky with shows at Vivint. But Maverik :Puke:

only show I’ve seen at Usana was Iron Maiden and since we were way back on the lawn the sound was useless. But I knew that going into it, so whatever

Worst show? Hmmm, don’t know that I have a really bad one that was the band’s fault. I did get waaaayyyyyy too high at a George Thorogood show in high school around 1988 and spent the entire show on the floor in the fetal position… :crackup:

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The Grateful Dead...anytime.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I do remember a shitty concert. About 10 years ago a girl took me to see Toby Keith. I hate country music but she was hot so what the hell. Right when the show starts, the light go out, and a Ford truck drives across the stage and up a ramp, facing the crowd with the headlights on. The a giant Ford sign lights up behind the stage. WTF! His tour was sponsored by Ford, and we had to look at a fukn truck for 2 hours. Shitty music, shitty crowd, shitty truck, but good pussy!

10. motoboy

I'm a deadhead, but I agree.

11. motoboy

I saw David Allen Coe at a roadhouse in Piedmont, SC. It was during one of his born-again times. It was preachy. But the people watching was good.

12. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

For me, worst was Rush in 1990.
    Mr. Big opened for them and was stellar.
    But from opening Rush song until we finally had enuff and left, they just weren't good. Sound was off, timing was off, GL sounded filterless Camel horrible. Only stayed as long as we did to see Peart's drum solo. Then left.

13. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

One of my two worst
    Milwaukee, indoors, 1972
    Never spoke to the audience, spent 5 minutes or more tuning up between every song, were still out of tune.
    Obviously bad acid

The other was Grand Funk Railroad 1970
    Some arena in Houston, really loud and terrible sound, the only recognizable part was the break in Closer to Home
    Worse, I took this hot chick who wouldn't give me the time of day afterwards.

14. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Pigface at The Tracadero in Philly ~1991. Bored the piss outta me. I've seen them since and they were great.

Mid 80's Twisted Sister opened for Ratt. TS kicked ass and I left after a couple songs of Ratt. Left my friend that rode with me there too because he was there for Ratt, I went for TS. Kinda late to find out he wanted to see a shitty band. lol

15. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Forgot about them, had a friend that had a band called Tamale Hatchet here in SA :)

OMG, Leggs Diamond at the SA rodeo late 80's I think. I could here them from where I was. Terrible.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Must’ve been a thing with trucks sponsoring country acts… this is 09… did the auto shows tour…
    IMG_1054.jpeg

I sat through Bare Naked Ladies one time… no piece is worth that… I dumped her hot ass for that shit… and will never go to a show of a band I don’t like for anyone after that… lesson learned:)

cpettit and Razr like this.
  17. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Quiet Riot, Billings, Montana, must have been 1983-ish. A total flop. In their defense, there were probably a total of 30 people in attendance, because, Montana. That may have dampened their enthusiasm.

On the other end of the spectrum, Godsmack, Austin, TX, year 2000 maybe. Absolutely crushed it. Tight as hell and I have no idea how Sully can crank out vocals like that for more than 4 seconds without destroying his vocal chords.

18. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Pepsi Coliseum where I saw Pink Floyd. Fucking horrible acoustics made it a complete waste of money. Could have been more entertaining to listen to someone kick a 5 gallon bucket around.

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

what year? That’s a tiny venue for Pink Floyd I’d think…

I don’t remember how the sound was that night for SP… it was all overshadowed by his hissy fit…

I saw NIN there for the downward spiral tour like 94 maybe… and it was great… great pit, great show, great energy…. Could have been enhanced by extracurriculars but ;)

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking “any show at city gardens I saw” but I never did see a bad show there.
    It was having the thoughts that were going to have to fight your way in and then out of the show, the crowd outside being made up of mental patients from the hospital that held the insane inmates who were released (dropped them off just up the street), the nazi skinheads, the owners (not booker or employees) hated you and just the work to get there.
    Randy booked a great show. :D