1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triples now in Super Hooligans

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Dec 14, 2023.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The 990 only has a few more HPs than the 890. According to the specs….. KTM read the rules closely. They all still need to deal with 1200cc Indians.

4. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

What about Yamaha FZ-09?! It will need lots of development, but I'm sure it can be made to work.

-T

Once a Wanker.. and BrentA like this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

900cc or larger only 'cording to the article. I've not seen a bulletin or 2024 proposed SH rules set yet though?

Edit: This surprises me, they've had to do B mains for this class because of the sheer number of people turning up as is... expanding eligibility now seems odd.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  6. Dominguez44

Dominguez44 Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused on the TRIPLE also.. you have read it as "900cc or larger" where as ive heard some say "up to 900cc". The article says "900cc triple + electric bikes"
    I emailed them today to see if we could get an eta on the rules package to clarify it all.
    looks to be a fun series this year!
    I over heard a conversation the the B main would not be happening in 2024 but again there is no rule package yet.. to me the B main was a kool thing to have

E Reed likes this.
  7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Add triples, removing the B main, the American Air-cooled class is going to get hurt badly, and they're the ones throwing entries at the class like crazy. Also not a fan of learning about big class changes a couple months from the first race via RoadRacing World PR posts but whatever.

Eeyore and Boom like this.
  8. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

dibrino was supposed to race the mv agusta f3 800 triple in motoamerica but not sure where that went. f3 should be competitive too.

9. Dominguez44

Dominguez44 Well-Known Member

He did in a few SUPERSPORT rounds. Did very well.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

F3 wouldn't be legal normally, ships with clipons, advertised HP at the brochure is well above the 125hp cutoff. (Pan Am get's a specific pass on this as long as it runs the Sportster S airbox, the Sporty only wheezing 120hp when choked down this way.)

11. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

As a FZ09 blow, er, diehard... I am excited for the MA development aftermarket that might happen on the new bike.

Once a Wanker.. and 418 like this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Interesting.... LOL ive alreaedy started on a Triumph Twin, but if the 765 is allowed, thats crazy. LOl nothing like starting over.....

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I require (and have no basis for doing so) progress pics of the Triumph!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

If 1200 indians are allowed cause they're slow stock, and Pan Ams are allowed if you slow them down with a choked airbox, why not let anyone in and just restrict max throttle opening at X RPM+ to get the desired HP? Seems like the current rules give trophies to manufacturers building slow engines.

Also, yea, the F3 (and even hi-bar brutale 800) wouldn't be allowed based on the 140 advertised hp.

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

There’s the updated rules: Triples must be 900cc or smaller, oddly no minimum displacement unlike twins. The claimed OEM HP limit of 125hp is still there, now engine restrictions in addition to rev limits, intake restrictors and min weight alterations are in the cards.

The Air Cooled class is no longer called American Air Cooled… and we now have a min weight of 350lbs where before it was free. SH can run T4 or MGP R now. The biggie I see is Air Cooled Twins are no longer free to mod engines, cylinders, pistons, wristpins and clips must now stay as homologated on Air Cooled, and the rulebook doesn’t call this out as a change from last year? There are a LOT of bikes that would fail this one, rather surprised by it.

16. catahoulabuldog

catahoulabuldog Well-Known Member

wonder if they will still have the 2 race formats in 1 race ( as I think about running my air cooled 1100 monster.....)

17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Nope, it's now just the one class, American Air-Cooled Twins is no longer a separate subclass. Air-cooled machines are allowed less weight and nearly free motor and frame mods compared to the liquids, but you're directly racing against Factory Indian now.

18. catahoulabuldog

catahoulabuldog Well-Known Member

insert background music...... wha wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've made worse decisions...

20. Agree on that. I’d imagine he’d still be damn quick as he hasn’t stopped riding.