1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door dash - grub hub

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Do these drivers go through any training whatsoever before starting these jobs?

9 out of 10 deliveries, including drinks, are dropped off on my porch leaning up against my front door. I can’t open my door 1/4” or the whole order is dumped over. I have to walk around my fucking house to get it.

5 out of 10 deliveries aren’t even my order and I get a full refund. Does the dipshit driver still get the 30% tip I always give? I sometimes end up with somebody’s $50 order, who pays for this?

5 out of 10 deliveries are partial orders, I get a credit. Does the driver still get my big generous tip?

5 out of 10 orders are the Wrong size Oder; 16 oz bag ordered, 8 oz bag gets delivered. I get a credit. Do the dipshit drivers keep my fucking tip?

who’s running these clown shows??? How are they making a profit? How are they in business?

the drivers NEVER answer their phone or text.

some of the delivery vehicles are Cadillacs, Tahoes and Mercedes.

I just want my fucking bag of cashews or trail mix?!?!?!?

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

So get off yer ass and go get it yerself

3. Mblashfield

… on top of all that bullshit it takes days or a week to get your refund. So I’m giving out interest free loans. I must be some kind of fucking idiot.

4. Mblashfield

You must drive for both companies…

dtalbott likes this.
  5. Mblashfield

Or your a senior driver training instructor

dtalbott likes this.
  6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

unless a driver is employed by the restaurant or place of business, I won't deal with them. They have no "skin in the game" and could care less about my experience.

Generally I avoid any type of service like that. When they first started I was doing trade shows more often and I figure it would be a great way to avoid the crap food that they have at the shows, just order something local and have it delivered. Got burned like 3 times in a row with different services and said never again. Waited over an hour for food that never got delivered each time.

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Nope. But I know enough that when I keep getting burned by a service, to quit using it

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I just have a bowl of crushed Ritz crackers soaked
    in evaporated milk with sugar on top and take a nap.
    No bill, no tax, no tip, no waiting, no grubby fingers on my food.

dave3593 and MrGooch like this.
  9. Mblashfield

I mentioned 2 different services. Now I know you’re a driver, I’ve seen your camaro in my driveway several times delivering the wrong food.

10. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Doordash/ubereats/grubhub work is the gym teacher of delivery/driving jobs.

11. Mblashfield

There’s 842 reasons for ordering out, not wanting to or not having the time are two of them.

I’m thinking there are some food delivery drivers in this group…

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Imagine waking up thinking you are so important you cannot get a bag of cashews

13. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I worked in that industry first as a driver in my teens, and then all the way up to high level management for many years. At some point we stopped being able to tell the drivers how to do things for fears of having them classified as employees, instead of independent contractors. That's the main reason.

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Do these delivery independent contractors have the ability to set a minimum fee or rate they are willing to accept in their apps? Do buyers have the ability to pay a higher amount for a better rated driver?

Edit- ive never ubered or door dashed or any of it

15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I stopped using those services a while ago. Even when it wasn’t my $$ I couldn’t justify racking up a $40 order for a burger/fries/drink.
    And we always got our orders shorted/flat out not delivered at trade shows.

16. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

The drivers can accept or reject any and as many orders as they want. If you don’t put a good tip up front, and/or you order from somewhere really far away, be prepared for your order to get kicked around to a bunch of different drivers before anyone accepts it.
    As a consumer, you can’t pick your drivers.

17. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

When Uber Eats started in Austin, TX around 2015, there was one restaurant and a few meal options from that restaurant each day during certain hours. The drivers would have multiple meals in insulated bags already prepared for delivery in their car and deliver to the closest customer as the orders were received. It was great and fees were very low. Then they opened it up to any restaurant, any order, anytime, and it became just a food pickup service. It went downhill fast. Haven't used it since.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my fat agoraphopic neighbor uses them daily. You can tell who they are by their clueless driving habits and inconsiderate way they block right of ways.

19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

That way you can eat without the trouble of putting in your dentures.

20. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

You're

Sabre699 and auminer like this.