1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling A Car - Where To Advertise?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Dec 5, 2023.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Finally getting around to selling the Avalon. Gonna try to do this on my own to begin with. Getting it detailed tomorrow, taking pics Thursday morning (morning light is always best for photography). Good chance to play with my new Pixel 8 Pro phone to see what it can do regarding photography. I believe I still need an upcoming update for the latest gee-whiz stuff, though.

2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XSE, 29K miles, still under factory warranty until Mar 24 or 37.8K miles (was a demo). Wind Chill Pearl paint; brand new Bridgestone tires with Discount Tire road hazard warranty coverage for life of tires.

Where do I place ads? cars.com? Auto Trader? CL? ???

Suggestions welcome.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

carmax, or dealer.

there's many DaveK's of the world or scammers. I'm pretty sure you won't get that much more for that vehicle on the open market. If it was a rarer car, then worth the hassle.

If you must...autotrader and/or cargurus

Redrodent1 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

the beeb

and tree-fiddy

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

What sites have you used to shop for your next car - put adverts there.

I personally think dealers, carmax, etc. are in business to make money. And they have plenty of overhead to pay. The days of outrageously high "buy now" offers are no more.

Many times places like craigslist, or FB marketplace deliver.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

+1
    bought and sold on Marketplace recently, other than a lot of driving around to look at stuff it was relatively painless. Biggest issue will be dealers and flippers posing as private parties; fairly easy to weed out with a few questions.

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Facebook

7. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I have seen a lot of recent videos showcasing CarMax being heavy on inventory. I don't think they are giving top dollar when they can't sell.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Facebook marketplace definitely

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Finally got it cleaned up and ready to sell. Wish me luck!

1b.jpg

BigBird, Once a Wanker.. and ChemGuy like this.