1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best pillow for neck pain

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxerguy855, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I'm in search of a quality pillow that will alleviate neck pain following two spinal fusions (C5/6) (C4/5). I went to a mattress store to try some out but just couldn't get the angle right for what I need, I figure I can't be the only one out here with neck issues. At 54, the arthritis issues are creeping up full force now.

TIA!

2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I found sleeping with no pillow works for me.

G Dawg and dobr24 like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

5. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I have too many neck issues to count and sleeping is an issue. I just got into bed and saw this post and went "there is no one pillow solution".

I started counting and there are 12 pillows on our bed and I can almost 100% say for certain that no two are the same. I often use three or four different ones a night as I will wake needing different support than I needed earlier. My wife also collected a few odd shaped ones and I think that out of all of them one that is shaped like a dog bone gets used more than any others.

I also find myself with pillows running parallel with my body and sleep often on my side with one of those supporting my shoulders and chin. I also sleep with a small round noodle style pillow under my chin to stabilize my head often.

John Branch likes this.
  6. John Branch

John Branch 90125

We have 12 pillows too, been looking forever. My wife likes the my pillow, but I got these new ones, Donama , sutera are our 2 new ones, and we love them. But I do change out to other pillows in certain nights.