1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweat in eyes ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kirk erlinger, Nov 29, 2023.

1. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Keep having issues with sweat running into my eyes, also contact lenses popping out of my eyes occasionally. But then again i'm a perspiring swine

was thinking of thin, 4-5mm sweat band, i've seen some
    on a few racers, maybe used for pulling long hair back though? or wider headband style?

damn lenses pop out every once in a while, i use eye drops and sometimes remove and rinse them....now i keep extras in my kit

Thx
    K

2. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Here in mostly mild NorCal I don't suffer from that too much on the racetrack, but single track dirt bike trial riding, yeah I get sweat in my eyes. Also mountain biking. I've tried various thin sweatbands made for cycling and they didn't do much, not enough material to absorb much sweat.

For mountain biking now I wear one of these under my helmet, works pretty good as it has more material to soak up sweat and wick it away into the dryer areas...keeps the sun off my head, ears, and neck too. But I'm not sure I'd want to wear it under my well fitted track helmet or moto helmets.

https://ldcomfort.com/products/helmet-liner-w-ties-tail?_pos=4&_sid=aeb21979c&_ss=r

But now I see they have thinner "LITE" versions of the caps...oooh might have to try one of those!

I haven't tried it yet, but motocross racers have stuck thin panty liners to the crown of the helmet where it rests on your forehead. Might be worth a try.

kirk erlinger likes this.
  3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I remember keeping panty liners in a plastic bag in my toolbox at the racetrack for that reason, they work quite well.

Gino230, khill, racepro171 and 4 others like this.
  4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Enduro racer friend turned me onto that 23 years ago, but make sure no sent ed for the win!:blart:

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

What helmet are you using?

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Back in 2002 or 3 , I raced endurance with Northwest Honda . I had a red Mohawk . I got off the bike, took off my helmet and slung the very soaked and red pad to the pit next to us. Hit Some one and they were playing keep away like a bunch of kids.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

True story.

I remember reading pro MX riders back in the day telling tales about this....might've read about Bradshaw or Kiedrowski mentioning this in MXA or Dirt Rider, lol

[​IMG]

kirk erlinger and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

LMAO!!

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

12. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

been using the feminine napkin for 20 years, also keeps your helmets from absorbing it , a must in endurances, learned that from Steve Crevier. oh and if you put your lid on a fan between rides it will dry out a bit, im normally 1 per day, 2 at the MX track

kirk erlinger and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member