1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christopher Nolan is the most over hyped director in Hollywood.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Wrong conclusion!

Right conclusion: You have bad taste in movies.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Quentin Tarantino movies are for pretentious arugula munching hipsters. Michael Bay is pretty much all bombs and boobs, but there's a place for that.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

BOOBS! Say no more :p

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I like all three. Each has made some duds and each has made some great movies.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This. Michael Bay makes 90's action flicks.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

They had an "off the beaten path" building in Hollywood studios at Disneyworld (then called "Disney MGM") that had rotating movie exhibits. Wasn't on any vistor's map and hard to find. One time it was a bunch of original Star Wars movie props, but another time it was a number of the "sets" and "characters" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. It was really amazing craftsmanship and really cool getting to see them.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

so… no one has answered… how is Oppenheimer? I really like Cillian Murphy and the subject matter is fascinating…

edit:
    f’n never mind… you’re cheerleading that piece of shit Nightmare movie… :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Tarantino's movies came along ...Long before hipsters.
    He set the standard for all the wannabes...
    He's a master of "his" genre..
    As far as Michael Bay.. for " me" I'd walk outta almost all his action CGI ass snoozers .I don't really like a single movie he's ever made...
    He's the quintessential right guy at the right.time. I could do without..and not shed a tear.
    But virtually all of Tarantino's movies are masterpieces of human introspective.
    Over the top sure..but right on regarding the human condition. His characters are dead nuts on with how people "really" are.

aaronson and R1Racer99 like this.
  9. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Oppenheimer was a great movie to me, because I am really well acquainted with the subject matter and I know who all the characters were and what they actually did. I think it would be kind of hard to follow if you didn’t have a pretty good understanding of the Manhattan Project in the first place. I’ll put it this way, if you dig John Wick and Fast & The Furious movies, you won’t like this one. I’d rate this one behind Interstellar and The Dark Knight, so if you didn’t like those don’t bother.

27 likes this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Look mom, a Red Dawn fan......

:D

NemesisR6 likes this.
  11. Dave Wolfe

I remembered who likes Tim Burton flicks. The word was eluding me for a while.

Women

Steeltoe, 27, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have a map. Iowa is a simple day trip for me to come down and kick your ass. If you were a drinker, I would drink all your beer on the way home after.:crackup:

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thanks man…. I’m familiar with the players and movers and shakers of that era… at all locations… at least what they claim… I’m not a movie guy whatsoever and rarely watch anything twice. I’ve never seen a Fast and Furious or a John Wick movie… things like Jacob’s Ladder, A Beautiful Mind, Last of the Mohicans, Gangs of New York, Tombstone etc… I’ve enjoyed as far as dramas with a bit of history but usually I just want to laugh…

A few years back there was a series called Manhattan, on FX I think, about the project that was really well done as well…

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Oppenheimer was very good. A lot of depth in the main character, I liked how he made him look completely powerless.

27 likes this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There was a very good BBC drama series about Oppenheimer and the development of the bomb in the early 80's, with Sam Waterston in the lead role.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm happy to say that I've never seen any of the turds Toe mentioned in his first post.

Steeltoe and Jon Wilkens like this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Ok Boomer....

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thanks man… I trust your musical recommendations, so hopefully I’ll like this too

cha0s#242 likes this.
  19. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

For me, all of the Fast & Furious and John Wick and Transformer movies are just sheer mindless absolute garbage.
    I couldn't stomach any of them There the absolute worst of the worst.
    However leave it to my fellow simple minded Americans to make those flicks mega blockbusters.....Go figure?
    Not my thing ..but there's people who really enjoy Adam Sandler baby talk too . Dear Jesus:Puke::Puke:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Did you see Ambulance? Eiza Gonzalez couldn’t save that.