1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Honda CBR 600RR making debut

Discussion in 'General' started by 05Yamabomber, Nov 7, 2023.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

2. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

I have always loved the cbr600rr. Its still (in track trim) the best handling bike I have ever tried. I personally love that it still exists.

Jeveritt likes this.
  3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

God damn winglets, street riders are really going to take advantage of those stupid things. Cool otherwise.

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Its only a matter of time until they all will have them.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

An RC51 did 205 without any winglets!

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I can say I have honestly never ridden a CBR 600 other than a Hurricane on the street when I was young. I had a brief stint on a CBR 996 which I did not like how it handled on track but I was also a super novice so was prob alot of my fault more than the bike.

I am just happy to see companies still putting effort into the Supersport class. Just glad to see this released. Article states it will most likely show up here in US too.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Timing is perfect since the rumors are that honder is coming back into MA in 2025.
    Release it in euroland in 24, work the bugs out and develop it and send it to the US in mid to late 24.

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Still appears to be the same chassis and engine from the 2007 bike with some updates to electronics and intake/exhaust to get it in compliance. I'd be curious to see if any engine internals or chassis geometry have changed.

It was a fantastically neutral handling bike but the Yamaha was more nimble with more weight on the front and greater head down ass up set up. To make the CBR really get around you had to make the rear shock as long as you could without hitting the swing arm - and the AMA & WSBK guys "allegedly" would notch the swing arm so they could make the rear shock even longer eye to eye.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does the current one have the slipper clutch? The fly by wire throttle is cool af (that’s coming from a dude that would try and plug chop on it).

Gino230 likes this.
  10. peakpowersports

Slipper was never on the US version. Not sure if the JDM one in recent years had it or not. Easy Yoyodine upgrade back in the day.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Unless the Honda is much better than it was, the old R6 was better versus the Honda. Plus isn’t the R6 having trouble keeping pace with stock GSXR750’s (with Ulrich kits) and Ducatis 955 V2’s, unless a near stock bore SBK build is applied on the R6.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    05Yamabomber likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The gsxr 750 kit is like $11k?
    How much longer is Yamaha doing the Race only R6 or are they still doing street R6s? I’m way out of the loop. :(

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Why send it? There's no way to make it competitive against the supersport bikes now with the rules. I don't see that bike gaining another 20hp it would take

Steeltoe and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not sure how much that kit is, but it is probably cheaper versus the motor build budget fora full season on R6’s that were allowed a bunch of stuff to keep up, with the duc and GSXR ?

No more street R6’s, only a race package Yamaha provided. For some reason I thought the R6 was done with the new gen rules, but I’m out of the loop and don’t really know.

Gino230 likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Is that the first ever slipper clutch on a CBR 600? If so that’s pretty bad, only 15 years behind the competition.

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

One more year (2024). Then in 2025, every next gen bike has to run the Mectronik spec ecu and dash. Which honestly really sucks if you spent the money on the GYTR kit.

As far as the power, the additional liberties with the head work are nice but the second any additional power is allowed to the other bikes, it’s going to be very difficult to beat the 750.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. Jordan Diggs

Jordan Diggs Lifelong Back Marker

I am excited for it, while we aren’t seeing major ground breaking changes it is development in the class, and the HRC kit could make it good. If it’s held to 119hp and EU compliant there could be more in it

18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

119 probably at the crank.
    Looks like the same bike to me 12to1 compression, stupid undertail.

19. peakpowersports

Undertail was he best! Didn't rip up an expensive can if you slid out.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  20. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What did you say, speak English.

Just want to point out Suzuki was the only one that didn't follow that stupid undertail exhaust fad, and put an undertail on an inline four.