1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well this still holds. Turned it on right at the start. Danica never existed to me. Also, ignoring Max driving into the sunset, Ferrari is still 1-2.

Riciardo might be in the 2nd Red Bull seat before the end of the year at the rate Perez is choking

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Checco, what a dumbass move.

thrak410 likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I couldn'y quite understand Checco's English, but did he say that LeClerk should go home?
    He blew it in the first turn!

4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Max and RB refound pace. Hamilton was losing half to a sec a lap to Max and gaining half that on the Ferraris. Checo joining Grosjean next year?

5. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

Checco is only in F1 because he had one Hail Mary race about 4-5 years ago. I forget which round.... probably the Mexican round. He was on his way out back then.

CBRRRRR999 and DrA5 like this.
  6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Checo would be better suited to IndyCars.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Speaking of Indy Cars.....Ericsson is fitting in at Andretti.

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I always wondered if the drivers ever get freaked out by something darting across their field of vision which is just the shadow of the camera copter.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Max made it a race again. These Sprints do pay points, Yuki scored valuable points in 6th place.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a "race" happening in Brazil right now, but checking out the Las Vegas strip last night and this morning, I am in awe at just how fucked up it is, and not just temporarily.
    Told my buddy at the Venetian that I wouldn't even be there in a few weeks if someone paid me to do so.

11. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Fcknh Alonso!

Smilodon, SoCal1000, rwdfun and 7 others like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they have qualifying and then a second sprint shootout qualifying. Do they do 2 different grids for the sprint and the GP?

Alonso made the end of that GP some of the best F1 action in like a decade. Definitely showed why Perez should be out in favor of a more competitive team mate.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes.

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Its confusing and unnecessary.

cpettit likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

It is such a snooze fest now. Can't be behind someone for too long or your tires over heat. DRS is stupid.
    There is just so much reliance on aero now.

Not sure how, but they need to make the racing close again across the grid.

Mercedes is a rolling chicane right now. :)

17. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Merc motors seem somewhat competitive but the boxes they're in not so much.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The whole car overheats now.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

20. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Huh... I thought the race was excellent. The last 10 laps were nail biting.

As for DRS, I actually think it's more interesting than the push-to-pass solution that Indycar uses (plus, F1 already uses energy harvesting).

As for reliance on aero, if you're going to make these the fastest cars on the planet then you HAVE to use aero. If you want to watch competitive racing that isn't as reliant on aero, by all means go do that (GT3 and GT4 racing is super close and fantastic) but open wheel formula cars are all about the aero. I'm unclear why they would want to change that.

As much as I enjoy watching F1 because it's "the big show" I feel that the best racing is actually in TC and GT4.

rd400racer likes this.