1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Joe is back!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Nov 1, 2023.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

taking actual steroids? i cant see much in on bike performance advantage - if any - might even be a disadvantage - weight is weight...and muscle does weigh! now i would think MANY are on things like GH and TB500 and BPC157 when recovering from injury, and likely some other substances.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

For sure on the GH… it’s been widely used here for decades now in even lower echelons of athletics

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Pro cyclists, runners etc. were using steroids to aid recovery so they could train harder and with less recovery not necessarily to gain muscle. I see an advantage to that but since absolute cardiovascular endurance matters less when you have a petrol engine vs a pedal engine that’s limited. Though the seasons now are ridiculously long so maybe there’s a benefit.

The ones you mentioned make sense, I assume they can get therapeutic use exemptions to take them legally too. Sky Cycling had a bunch of asthmatic riders a couple years ago and got like 80% of their teams TEUs for albuterol. :beer:

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My wife takes that stuff, is that why she can beat me at pickleball?:crackup:

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This is hilarious. :D

Gino230 and SGVRider like this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Does she claim to have breathing trouble, take it, then serve a ball right at your noggin? Then yes!

At this point it’s juicing up just for the shits and giggles and because you can. Would be pretty dope to get hella lean and strong, get hopped up on EPO, test, blood transfusions, and HGH and see if you can make 3/4 of pro speed up a grade. Just a nice classic early 2000s doping program. When I hit 50 I’m definitely juicing up just to stay in the game. Maybe by that time they’ll have genetic therapy and I can custom order higher vo2 and power, but probably at the risk of becoming The Fly or some shit.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Better than the Human Centipede… :Puke:

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Gino230 likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If only he could take something to help recover quicker.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

How many points did he get for winning, sorry, nearly winning testing?

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

All of them.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Dinner at his favourite steak restaurant?

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Or really sad.

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It really is funny to me, too. One of the best laughs I’ve had is when lining up for a half marathon. I entered as a motivator to keep training. But these people were so serious about a potential 10min / mile pace group that they were driving me nuts. When we line up to race shit can go really bad even at the amateur levels. So I was thinking “what is the worst that can happen? You take a nice jog on Sunday morning. I mean calm the fuck down. “

but hey, everyone has to feed the beast somehow. Not everyone can line up on a motorcycle and let er eat.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It’s tempting. 40 to 50 was no big deal but for some reason the upper 40s seem to hit harder. All of my flying buddies claim mid 50s hits like a brick wall.

I’m trying real hard not to buy into the hype- there’s still lots of people killing it at an advanced age. Blood work still looks good so I’m saving the “nuclear option” for when I’m desperate!
    Honestly I think the older you get, the more strict you have to be as the little things all matter more.

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Moving to BMW in 2025?

18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

He'll definitely have options, and Ducati has a bunch of riders, so it wouldn't be obscene if they let him leave. But other than Ducati and BMW, man...what bike would you want to be on in WSBK? Yamaha seem to be still developing the bike and somewhat competitive depending on the venue, but otherwise if you want to be at the top you'd be silly to leave a Ducati based team I'd think.