1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Ohio MA Again?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Or Pitt told them to take a hike.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Maybe PittRace takes the Ridge date???

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I doubt it, unless MA wanted a whole bunch more money or something.

The owners there put forth a ton of effort to make sure the event went well, they were repaving sections and repainting curbs every year a week or two before the event to make sure it was fresh.

5axis likes this.
  4. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

bad news is turn1 where they did the test-pavement section is already cracking pretty good, and it's only been a year? it's grippy and smooth, hope it holds up.
    turn1 2.JPG

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I doubt Pitt paid MA to be there - I would not be surprised if Mid-Oh would pay them but it's kind of doubtful (and honestly not sure that is how MA is working their business model) - but all in all Mid-Ohio will be a MUCH large fan draw.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

I was going to tell them they sure as heck better use that PG 88-22 binder for this project. Everyone knows that's the good stuff.

But that picture brings a tear to my eye. I'll sure miss that dip in the exit of the carousel. What are the chances they put that back in during this repave. One can only hope

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I'm with you, that dip was always kind of fun. I cannot wait to go back. Looks like VMD is on the schedule again! Swore off Mid O after watching so much senseless carnage but now i have to make good on my promise to return if repaved.

9. animal

animal Well-Known Member

Late to the conversation...
    I love Mid-Ohio and want to see MA there again.
    BUT Mid-Ohio pavement was uniquely slippery when wet. MA decided they had to have tracks that could be run rain or shine so they can keep promises to the advertisers. MA dropped all the tracks that could not safely race when wet.
    SO this new re-pave should qualify them for MA again. The fan attendance at Mid-Ohio is huge!!!!
    If the rumor was true Mid-Ohio used some special pavement to help surface hold up better for indy cars. Go back to normal pavement and they should be fine.