1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top ten (or so) bands of all time in your life?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 2, 2023.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

All I've heard is the one song that has been in rotation for a couple weeks now, "Angry". It's not bad, better than most of the drivel on the radio today. The way I see it is these guys are 80 years old and still getting up there doing it. Good for them.

My Stones story (well, my moms)...1975, the Stones roll into Louisville. Mom had been divorced from dad for 4 years by then, she was 36 at the time. Her sister was 10 years younger than her and quite the wild one. Her sister gets a couple of tickets to the Stones show, which I knew nothing about...I was 14 at the time. Now some of my friends had told me that my mom was hot which of course sounded weird to me. This was decades before the term MILF was coined. Ends up that somehow, they got invited back stage to party with the Stones after the show. My mom was the typical suburban PTA type women, and she never acknowledged what happened back stage. She took that secret to the grave and my aunt did too. All I can do is ponder what happened in 1975. ( I know, kind of anticlimactic but that's all the info I was privy to:D)

For the hell of it I looked up the setlist that night. Damn what a show that would have been. I'd say the Stones were at their nastiest (and tightest) around 75.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-rolling-stones/1975/freedom-hall-louisville-ky-53d6f395.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Wingnut, tl1098 and auminer like this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

GWAR tonight in Richmond!!! Who’s going? @joec ……..you punkin’ out again………p*$$y!! :D

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That is a reach for the pre-MTV crowd (I think that's the reference but I'm honestly not sure!)....

5. auminer

I refuse to strive to be pedestrian!

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It shows. :Poke:

7. auminer

Uhhhhhhhhhhh........ Thanks?

:D

8. joec

joec brace yourself

i saw thsat advertised actually. lol. i was at agent orange at ottobar on the 11th then giant dog at metro that saturday, then saw thrill kill kult last week. how was gwar. they used to be so great to see. way back. now they actually seem lik e a band so its sorta lost its actraction some. lol

britx303 likes this.
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

@britx303 and @davek oh, to go local, ive been revisiting a bunch of lungfish lately. i used to listen to them a little back when but just learnin up on those guys more now, wow. they sorta were aaay to early for the the scene. way ahead it seems. good stuff i semi dismissed when it was happening.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

It was great for the nostalgia and the fact my daughter wanted to go. But yes, they kind of lost something as far as the “act” part of it and it’s more just music focused it seems. As the set went on, I kinda forgot for a moment that I was at GWAR.

joec likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

motion likes this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Motion will 'adapt'...

motion likes this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

14. auminer

You misspelled 'didn't give a shit.'

CBRRRRR999, StaccatoFan, brex and 2 others like this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

"Im scared of them. But they are pretty!"

Yup.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Motion won't mind.....

motion likes this.
  17. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Wife has been on a Ghost kick lately.
    She's come a long way from having a mohawk in the 70s at CBGB'S listening to OG punk.

Hondo likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

really man? I have a grunge rocking buddy that says the same thing… maybe I should actually listen to it…

Hold on… is this another of your ghey tricks? :D

brex, StaccatoFan and motion like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haha no ghey trickery with this one. Put on a good set of cans and listen to NDA, Oxytocin, Billie Bossanova.

Amazing. Her brother should get most of the credit tho.

27 likes this.