1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gotta love dogs...

Discussion in 'General' started by gixer1100, Oct 22, 2023.

1. backho

backho Well-Known Member

They’re absolutely gorgeous! Never saw a white one before. Incredible shedding machines.

27 likes this.
  2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

So one dog can’t and the other doesn’t exhibit this behavior…AND the wife slept through all of this?

You sure she wasn’t trying to send you a message? I’d sleep with one eye open if I was you :Poke:

gixer1100 likes this.
  3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

We love our yorkies, great little dogs...i am sure he still loves sitting there with his best bud.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

OMG - that terrible for both!!

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i told her it was like the scene from the godfather with the horse head lol

6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

no blood anywhere. i suspect the bird was already dead, but that doesnt quite explain the no blood?

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

My dog cleaned out a whole birds nest when he was about 8 months old, this fucker thinks he's El Chapo and dug up the majority of my backyard. I love his ass though.

Attached Files:

Phl218 and ToofPic like this.
  8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Several years ago I started finding dead birds in my yard and would occasionally see my min pin Frank parading around with one in his mouth. I was a bit concerned about how many I was finding, but none of my neighbors were finding any.
    A few weeks later I was out back working on the yard and witnessed the source.
    My mother had bird feeders on the deck overhead and some of the birdseed would drop down from the deck. The doves would find the seed when the blackbirds ran them off of the feeders. My little buddy couldn't catch them so the little punk figured out that he could hide in the garden right by this area and ambush the doves when they landed to eat the seed. I watched him get a few doves and then parade around showing them off. He didn't eat them, just collected trophies.

I miss that sneaky little bastard IMG_20210402_172155844~2.jpg

YamahaRick, ToofPic and gixer1100 like this.
  9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

kinda funny lol. to little him, thats big game hunting!

10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Same dog, a few years later. I had been out for a successful Goose, duck hunt and instead of running out to my brothers house to clean the birds, I decided to do it at home. I had locked the door to the garage from the main house to keep the dogs out but my mother who lived with me got tired of the whining and let Frank down.

I had been lazy and dropping the carcasses on the floor to clean up when I was finished cleaning all of the birds. The little shit spotted the goose laying on the floor ant it was immediate play time, dragging the carcass all over the garage and making a mess. (I still find feathers in the oddest places). From then on I had to be very careful when and where I took him for a walk, especially around the local ponds and lakes. Somehow in his mind those giant birds were not so tough, and he went immediately on the hunt. Hilarity ensued, but some of the locals as well as the game warden didn't find it as funny as I did when a 15 pound dog takes after a 20 lb skycobra.

gixer1100 and ToofPic like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Our (40lbs only) boxer girl loves to hunt, kill and eat rabbits. But she’s killed a couple birds before as well. She can be a real asshole but we love her

ToofPic likes this.
  12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Boxers are the best. He's a nutjob and always has a stupid look on his face like he found out he owes backed taxes. He's 82 pounds and not even two years old yet.

Phl218 and gixer1100 like this.
  13. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

my rescue girl is and am staff we call her the demon child. destroys plastic allover the yard,dosn.t eat it. is complete year old hyper dog. thinks she is a lap dog.i am completly nuts about her.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I used to name all my dogs "Casey". They don't know it's a recycled name and I don't have to learn a new name. Anyways, Casey II was a love monkey except for groundhogs. I have no idea why but she went absolutely nuts to kill those vermin. She couldn't care less about deer, squirels, rabbits or turkeys but let a grundsow get within a 1/4 mile and it was game on! I'm out in the barn one day and I hear her howling (she was part hound) up in the woods. I go up to see what's happening and she has one treed about 10 feet up. I pick up a stick and lucky shot, waffle that whistle pig out of the tree. Like greased lightning she's got it, breaks its neck and trots it back to the house to show Mom (aka my wife). That dog was a winner but the damn diabetes got her. :(
    IMG_1849.JPG

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

She's a beauty....

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So groundhogs are high glycemic?

How about gophers? Can I still eat them? :(

17. Had to put my Golden Retriever down a few weeks ago at 10.5 years old. Had her since she was a pup. Still
    Hard to pull in my driveway, always waiting holding the door going in or out of the house as she was always a couple steps behind me. I deal with death of humans quite well but this has been rough.

nowayout, Phl218, YamahaRick and 5 others like this.
  18. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Condolences, man. One of the worst feelings. Its been about a year and a half since my Newfoundland passed (he was 12 years old) and I'm still haunted when I walk into the house.

19. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

its the kind of loss that never leaves you, changes you in a way. its very tough...they give us a lot! my bro just lost his (BIG) cane corso this week, he was an amazing dog. hes struggling with it, and will be for awhile. its not easy.

20. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Looking for his next squirrel encounter...note to self-"let go of leash if you want your arm to stay attached":crackup: 20230403_123650.jpg

AC1108 likes this.