1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosmetic repair of race leathers. Who is best these days?

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Oct 22, 2023.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It's been a very long time so thought I would ask. Had a low side Friday late in the endurance race. Leathers did great with no tears or holes. I'd just like them repaired to look as good as possible again. Who is best these days without charging a crazy amount? I'm in the Southeast if that matters. TIA

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Is Barnacle Bill still around?

Once a Wanker.. and 50Joe like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep, he fixed up mine a year ago. Did a great job as usual.

50Joe and RRP like this.
  4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Sage Tailoring.

pretty
    Much at every MA event and extremely nice people and prices are extremely good.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

BB has posts in classifieds in other if you watch to reach out to him. Good dude.

Once a Wanker.., 50Joe and 27 like this.
  6. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

I'm sending a suit to Bill tomorrow, he's saved it a couple of times already.

7. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I was right behind you when you went down and wasn’t exactly sure what happened but glad you didn’t get hurt.
    I have used both BB and Anthony’s Leatherworks. Can’t really say what good pricing is these days as everything from fixing to the cost of shipping makes things seem expensive. Anthony’s is in CA, so it is more on the shipping side since you are SE.

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I really have no idea as well. The tire kind of looks like I rode off the edge of it since I can't hang off the bike. All the rubber goobers are barely hanging onto the very edge. Wear pattern looks great. Gave me zero warning and it just gently slid away from me. It's either that or I picked up the throttle a bit too much and unloaded the tire too much at a lean angle. I was telling myself at the start of the lap to just be smooth and bring it home since there were only about 40 minutes left. I even backed my lap time down a few seconds to the 45's and 46's. I felt like I was in cruise mode so when it let go I was was sliding on the ground thinking WTF?

9. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

It was a lot of fun battling with you out there! We had several laps of back and forth passing each other. I was out there for the first hour+ on the #13 black SV.

Sorry to hear that you went down.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Eric, thanks for coming on here. I was wondering who I was racing with. That was uber fun. T5 and T15 were my killing me for some reason. Just couldn't get my roll speed up through those two turns. I felt pretty good in the fast turns tho.

11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Yeah, you were hauling ass out there. You would kill me up and over the tunnel, but I would come up right beside you in the last left onto the front straight. You would motor me down the straight and I would catch up in one and then at the exit of 5. It was the most fun I had the whole race! Hopefully I didn't get too close to you coming out of 5 on the outside of you.

50Joe likes this.
  12. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Sportbike leather service does the best work i ever seen. Repairs look factory and not like Frankenstein stitched it back together.

Sportbike Leather Service

Leather goods store in Monroe County, Michigan

Address: Ash Township, MI 48117
    Phone: (734) 660-5578 call Dan

50Joe likes this.
  13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Nope. I expected you to be there every lap. I try to leave a little space during endurance races.

E Reed likes this.
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yes