1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It’s alleged that, Lake City doesn’t have excess capacity due to various idiocracy on the other side of the planet. And when NATO-standard stuff gets hard to find, well, shooters gonna shoot.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I didn’t win the super duper 1 point whatever billion power ball but I did place a hefty order (by my standards) about 2-3 days before the most recent stuff kicked off. I should be good for about a year at my current rate.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I know it's buried in here but thoughts on the HK VP9SK?

Hard to tell from pics if it's optics ready.

4. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Call me clueless, but what is causing the panic buying?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People panicking? :D

StaccatoFan and Sabre699 like this.
  6. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Lake city is a military contractor. Whatever the gov doesn't buy, they sell to civies. The gov just said "give it all to me". THEN, vista sports, which owns most US primer and component companies, just got bought by a Euro billionaire. Speculation is that he's going to shift the production to be sold to Euro governments. Real or not, speculation makes the world go round.

Christopher Graybosch likes this.
  9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I’m sure it is crap, but it’s what I’ve seen floating around causing people to panic buy… blame dumb people with too much money burning a hole in their pocket.

Remember when TP and sanitizer could have been traded for a Ferrari a few years ago?

DucatiBomber likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Perhaps, it’s retaliation for letting ‘ze Germans walk into the Sudetenland a little while ago, but Czech Group’s acquistion is subject to regulator approval. If they’re a primary supplier for, erm, primers (CCI), I’d like to think ITAR rules, amongst other things, would prevent the large export of defense critical munitions.

12. GixxerJohn011

I don’t think there is a negative post on a VP9 on the internet. It’s a good gun but buy a Walther PDP…it’s even better.

The VP9 felt great in hand but it was chunky on the back drawing from appendix and getting my thumb in position. The PDP is too but not quite as bad, the ergos were just a touch better. I had Ben at Boresight Solutions trim
    It up and now for me there isn’t a better fit.

Clay, StaccatoFan and BC like this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

PDP also has a better trigger than a VP9.

Ive shot both. I and my girlfriend both have PDPs

14. Resident Plarp

FN Reflex landed today. The only bad thing is no one makes a threaded barrel for it. Shooting unsilenced is just no good anymore.

Now the question: Trijicon RMR type 2, Sig Romeo Zero or Holosun 507K/407K?
    processed-3C04FA1B-886E-431F-B8E3-B9D40FC91DF5-A9A23EA6-FE2C-469E-95A2-1407ECAB275A.jpeg

Razr likes this.
  15. GixxerJohn011

Do they all use a plate or is one or the other cut for a direct mount?

Trijicon if you’re worried you need a backup hammer the next time you’re building a fence. It also works if you want everybody to know how fat your wallet is or used to be. It’s the undisputed king but damn they’re expensive and lots of others are quickly catching up.

The Holosun is plenty tough and half the price, even less if you buy the 407. The first one I bought was a 507 because I wanted the ring to help me find the dot. I used the ring for the first range trip and haven’t turned it on since. I prefer to just have the dot so now I buy 407’s. The side loading battery trays and not having to re zero are a huge plus for me.

The Romeos are fine once you zero them but where the button is located and the tap feature kill it for me. My dad has had two because he has a Sig shrine and both times I helped him zero I wanted to throw them in a lake and just buy him a Holosun.

Edit: Nice new blaster BTW! I love me some FN but I never could get over such a garbage trigger on a premium gun. Word is this trigger is much better, hurry up and shoot it and report back!

redtailracing likes this.
  16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've done some dryfire on them and the trigger does indeed feel much better. Makes me excited to try a real one. It's on my list for purchase. I'm an absolute whore for FN but yea, their pistol triggers may be the worst on the market lol

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I wanted to like the trigger on it because I wanted to convince myself I needed another gun, but after dry firing one I wasn't blown away. I'll stick with my modified hellcat.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'm an HK fan. psa has a deal on a VP9 tactical and a tan base. however, raised sights on the tactical... also there's a mail-in rebate of 4 hk mags.

regarding the Walthers: i agree, they lay well in the hand and i like the overall appearance better.

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

20. Resident Plarp

The firing mechanism is a bit odd, compared to other small guns here. They call it a SAO type, but the uptake is indeed long, and the reset longer (almost, it seems). Still, the pull is consistent enough. Still haven't shot it, I'll do that tomorrow, for sure.

You should read Benitez' ruling on that particular issue.

How'd you like your TX-22? I finally found a problem with mine - the site mount base started to come loose last night, so blue Loctite it is. I'm sure some goon out there will use green Loctite ...

On another note, it takes about ten minutes to load 20, 16-round magazines for this gun.

tx22_glory.jpg

Knarf Legna likes this.