1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh and lean attack using illegal fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Oct 4, 2023.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

IDK, every day the plot thickens. My takeaway from the latest release is very specific though to me. "Superbike race two was not compliant with any batch of VP MGP manufactured between 2019 and 2023" Me thinks it may have been the 2024 gas that was given to them for testing that has MTBE in it.

Nothing else makes sense. Someone is lying....

But I think they are all enjoying the gossip as it has a bunch of people talking about MA in the offseason. There is no such thing as negative publicity they say..

Once a Wanker.. and Hoffman900 like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Darren Luck racing a 750 in the 600 SS class, and Chuck Chouinard's scotch brite valve job.....:crackup:

TurboBlew, pawpawrc and 27 like this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Suzuki was busted for running 6" rear wheels when stock was 5.5" one year back in the day.

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Per Lisa at VP South (one of the 5 VP distributors in the US) there is a 20 drum minimum for the warehouse in TX to ship it to a distributor. None of the distributors will sit on 20 14 gallon drums for the sake of a handful of MA racers. So it's $225 shipping plus $335 for the drum to get 14 gallons of fuel to tune with, unless you want to wait until the first race weekend.

Yes, I know, it's pro racing!

E Reed likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Or a 90s 883 racer using a 1200 motor and getting busted with radar on the front straight at road america

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Wait, that shit is $24/gallon excluding shipping?
    Pro racing or not, that's nuts.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Or factory Suzuki 750 SS bikes using OEM air filters that looked totally different than anything OE from Suzuki US. And AMA Pro said hey Mike Tejon go away those are legal regardless if you can or cannot buy one

8. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Clueless drivel. 100% legal during the time it was used by American Honda. Lay off the weed

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Lol stolen from the facetubes

Attached Files:

Gino230, MyWayGuy, tl1098 and 10 others like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

some of the old school leaded blends were more than that way back in the 90s.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

how would you know, mr pie? :crackup:

how ya’ been? :)

12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The good cheater stuff now is $50+ a gallon, and some of it closer to $80.

13. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

You know the old saying...once caught a cheater

oh wait what forum I'm I posting to?!? :crackup:

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

well Dave I don’t smoke or drink and it came out of Al Ludington’s mouth about them being forced to stop using it because of a rule… that was in his office at DMG in Daytona when he was their tech director and had just left American Honda…. He was talking about gray areas and getting caught pushing the rules

so you can shove the clueless drivel straight up your ass with all due respect which is none at this point

and yeah I know where you worked and according to your old boss Honda didn’t always follow the rules, like knife edging cranks and using vacuum pumps too long… cheating fucks couldn’t even win with all that money and might because Duhamel was a limp dick pansy too… no wonder everyone hates Honda

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Quicktoy and sdg like this.
  15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

16. humblepie

I can tell you 100% Honda stopped using vacuum pumps when outlawed. Period. How's that a gray area? And knife edged cranks?? Complete horse shit. You and Al Never happened when I was there. Merlyn would never have allowed that to go on.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

how many people would even know there was a vacuum pump used in those engines? Right…

you could have said that they quit using them when they were outlawed… yet you decide to attack me for repeating what Al told me… we can agree to be respectful or not… I don’t care but you disagreeing is no reason to be a dick…

Do we need to find the pics of the crank in the Honda 600 that got DQd from the Daytona 200 win?

18. humblepie

What does that have to do with American Honda?

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

see how easy this is? This is insightful… are you informing me that the Erion 600s had nothing to do with American Honda?

20. humblepie

Exactly. Precisely. They were American Honda's competitors