1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh and lean attack using illegal fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Oct 4, 2023.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Or this is collusion between Yamaha, VP, MA and Stanboli to keep everyone talking about MA after the season is over.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this much cheating and drama since our local go kart track closed.

4. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

I can start wildly speculating instead, just so I can say/anyone can share some totally off the wall ideas under the guise of “Scientific Chemistry Expert Says….”

5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Gagne better be getting the biggest cut.

What’s lost in all this is Westby gets demoted to 5th in season standings from 4th due to the DQ. Not sure if that effects payout or not, but they may have raced NJMP differently had they known this, and they get screwed because Richard wanted to play games.

Boom and IL8APEX like this.
  6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Actually, it doesn’t. VP didn’t provide fuels from 2019-2022 for the independent lab to test. They just provided spec sheets. With the actual fuels in question not available, nothing is proven. Its still hearsay. I highly doubt Stanboli added anything to that can of 22 fuel. It makes no sense to if you’re trying to prove a point about the difference from 22 and 23 fuels.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Hoffman900

Source that they did? They should have the data from all the batches in their system, not just spec sheets.

Dustin commented on FB that he won’t read the article because it’s “tabloid news”. It’s his podcast this all started on, same with Richard talking crap on Herrin, Chris Ulrich and the M4 bikes, etc. I actually stopped listening because the tech stuff was over his head so he just wants Richard to gossip instead.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    kirk erlinger likes this.
  8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

VP would have to have falsified data/samples to two external labs...

Hoffman900 likes this.
  9. Hoffman900

Exactly. That’s would be a HUGE insinuation by Stanboli, and my guess that doesn’t go the way he wants.

Robby-Bobby and OutOfSpec like this.
  10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

VP has admitted to one mistake, already. The only way to verify 'their data' is accurate is by having an independent lab test every batch they sold to MA Superbike competitors.

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm in! Try to season your expert testimony with outrageous conspiracy theories. Otherwise, we might have to endure another off season of discussing poor post defecation hand washing discipline. If you are new here, I am not making this up. This is a true story.

12. Hoffman900

A warning label is not an ingredient label.

Look, I know people love the rebel vs the man story, and racing is full of misfits who see themselves as such, but the next logical step is Stanboli would have to make that claim, then it goes to court, and then discovery, and then it gets super ugly.

Now Yamaha has a PR battle to fight because Richard went rogue, and another one of their teams lost a season standing position because of it, and a rider who’s name is in headlines with “DQ and illegal”, and both of whom who should be bitching at Yamaha.

Boom likes this.
  13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

LOL. He wanted his motors to last. The only unknown was the fuel VP sends to the track. Wasn’t playing either,
    he proved his point. There’s a reason he’s the best at what he does in pro road racing in the US.

No source needed, VP makes just enough to provide fuel for each race. They don’t have two or three year old fuel sitting around for future testing. Data means nothing, Stanboli proved that. With out actual samples, their data is heresay.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is funny to me, who in the arguments here or social media thinks Yamaha is involved in any way? I can't see any posts from anyone who is talking about Yamaha at all. This is Stnboli/MA/VP

15. Hoffman900

He represents Yamaha as the contracted outfit to build / prep / run their Superbike program. Riders are contracted to Yamaha separately. If I’m a contractor to a company, and I get myself in trouble, said company is also roped in.

VP, as does every chemical
    lab manufacturer has QA/QC batch data from every batch they made. If they were shipping something else than what was listed, they can get in huge trouble with the Feds as well because they shipped it with the wrong MSDS and labels. Also this means every single customer of theirs would also jump in on said lawsuit, which is SRX, NHRA, IMSA, etc. To say they would be cooking their records is a huge insinuation. They’re not a one man shop, it’s a $60mil + a year operation.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I understand who he represents running the Factory Yamaha team. That doesn't change what I said. It is currently not remotely a PR issue for Yamaha as you keep saying it is.

17. Hoffman900

It is when Tom Halverson and Yamaha issued a statement on it, which resulted in the Dave Swarts’ article and MotoAmerica’s statement today in return.

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

So, you are saying for something that might represent 0.015% of their production is QA'd with the same integrity as a different product that brings in 30% of their revenue?

Yeah right.

You do realize that humans are involved in this process, yes?

19. Hoffman900

Having worked in chemical production facilities, this is all done via the same computers and lab data as all of it, and likely done automatically, and stored.

This isn’t some lone grease monkey mixing this shit in drums in a garage somewhere. Like seriously, how many of you actually have stepped foot in a chemical plant before?

Is it possible? Sure. But it’s a huge charge to throw at them and multiple people would be complicit, and opens up the entire company to liability as you’re saying they’re cooking their QA/QC books.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Still not a PR issue. And Yamaha didn't result in Daves article, that would have happened no matter what.