1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top ten (or so) bands of all time in your life?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 2, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Slayer
    Deftones
    Pantera
    Superjoint Ritual
    Dying Fetus
    A Perfect Circle
    Isis
    Chimaira
    Napalm Death
    Decapitated

and lately Johnny Booth that Ladder song smacks
    and Taylor Swift,cause she's relevant

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:D
    eh… kind of disappointing… it was 90 so the beginning of the greatest decade… and yeah the chicks are hot… you should check it out though they’re a bunch of ghey dudes in it for you
    :Poke::crackup:

I remember the Beavis and Butthead version with dudes cut out and more fire I think :D

the whitesnake chick is Metslheads Speed I think… decade before me maybe I didn’t get into the big hair bangs chicks

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like some of it (bosstones, big d and the kids table, op ivy, RBF, less than jake, Fishbone), can not handle the older stuff. It’s too close to reggae and the hippies killed reggae and there for 1st and 2nd wave ska.

joec and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Found the guy who felt up the guy wearing too much Aqua-Net… :crackup:

27 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

since I talk about Til Tuesday all the time Aimee Mann was on the Marc Marin podcast and he said so it was you the two guys and the other girl… she’s like that’s a guy he’s effeminate and English but he’s a boy… they went on this spiel about the hairspray dudes of the 80s…:crackup:

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’re thinking Human League… :Poke:

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you know I love these song lyric posts that get you riled up at times and don’t know any of these ghey things…. But a word corrected to Eileen just now… I love me some fiddle/violin and that song!!!! A bukake Queen named Eileen… doesn’t even sound Asian :D

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s Dexy’s Midnight Runners, you yobbo!

And like Spandau Ballet said, I know this much is true. :moon:

27 likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I recently posted a tune by my son-in-law's band in the YT thread,
    so you can see what kind of music he plays yet one of the things he
    really wants to do is go to a Taylor Swift concert.

10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Anybody mention the Lords of Acid? Saw them live back in the back in the day. Truly an interesting band live.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure where but I said there hasn’t been enough mdma made to get me to relive that LOA phase of life :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Went from rollin and trippin way to much to newly sober in '87 and started to treat the dance floor and moshpit as my gym. Still listen occasionally because the hooks and lyrics were so energetic.

27 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

oh I enjoyed it immensely :D just that I’ve changed enough to no longer be content in that lifestyle… it’s always nice to revisit once in awhile :D

music is our constant in life though… no matter what the extracurriculars are the music holds strong in my life anyway

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Zappa
    TMBG
    ELO
    Beatles
    Dread Zep
    Thomas Dolby
    The The
    GD
    FGTH
    King Crimson

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

OK this is the second time ska has been mentioned...and no Skatalites. WTF?
    "Isaak." We can still hang out though.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Only if you agree, despite me misspelling his name, Helena Christensen was one of the most sexy girls to ever to grace the MTV screen.

27 likes this.
  17. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

BTW the Depeche Mode show I went to last night was awesome. Those dudes are pretty great live!

t11ravis likes this.
  18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yes :crackup:

27 likes this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Lamb of God is in my top list lately for sure, I’m right there with some of y’all that mentioned them.Saw them again a few weeks ago. F*€k sake that’s a good show!!!

pawpawrc likes this.
  20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It will come as no surprise to any of you that the Stones are in the top three positions on my list. I'm interested in your opinions of the releases from their new album.