1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 15 | Mandalika | Indonesia | Oct 13 - 15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 9, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I feel badly for Honda and Yamaha. They seem to be completely lost. Aprilia, KTM and Duc have made incremental gains over the past several years, so they seem to have a plan. The Japanese manuf's are lost at sea. Must be tough on the teams.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Since when has Lin anything to do with the development of the bike???

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My thought is that Honda and Yamaha got smoked when all the aero stuff came into play. When it comes to design/engineering/building a pure motorcycle, I don't know that anyone has more overall might than Honda. Both Honda and Yamaha have always been able to build some great motorcycles, and I have no doubt they can do so again.
    But, they need to get an "in" with a good aero firm. Honda does have the Red Bull F1 team they could lean on, maybe they already do. I don't know.
    I believe the biggest advantage Ducati has over the others is when the Audi money and collaboration came into play, they got a LOT of aero help and are always leading the way with the wings and bits that are becoming more and more important to MotoGP with multiple iterations each year.

The biggest question with Honda at the corporate level is if they really care, and how much. I tend to think the HRC and racing groups care a bunch. But the corporate side is more concerned with electric/fuel cell/robotics and just doesn't give much of a shit to the ICE motorcycle racing side any longer.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Lynn Davis might.

Quicktoy, cbush, Razr and 3 others like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Miguel Oliveira rumoured to have a shot at MM93's seat

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Dave?

Anyone seen Dave?

He might have a, er.. heat stroke(?)

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It would make total sense for Honda to offer it to him. He would be dumb to take it unless it's for the money.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Quoting from David Emmett:

cbush and BigBird like this.
  9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

The Honda might not be a bad option, he's not really thriving on that Aprilia.

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Miguel and Raul are riding last year’s bike. Read somewhere that Miguel got to ride the current bike and said it was better everywhere.

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Since said test, Raul has outperformed Miguel and appears to be waking up.

lrrs195, Quicktoy and cbush like this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bez on his way to race.

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that kicks ass! I really like the little happy dude!

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Right here. :beer:
    Tough when taken out three times and injured. I am with Papa, the only motivating factor with that option would be money. Miguel should be on the factory Aprilia instead of Mav. He is a top 5 racer, who seems to have inherited Dani's 2011-13 type of bad luck.

cpettit, Quicktoy and 27 like this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I do too. I just want him to be as excitable as Simoncelli.

27 likes this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

He’s the closest we’ve had since… half the size but similar mannerisms :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

i mean Martin is similar in that he gives no F's.

Martin and "the Model" would have been interesting seeing them on Ducs

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

If Bez is Simo then Martin is definitely Iannone

Circacee, BigBird and 27 like this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

great comparison… my point was more about his demeanor as he seems so humble and so appreciative of his situation and always having as much fun as possible it seems… that stuff is contagious and makes fans for life

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Not many have that instant likability like Simo had. Dude was always smiling.

27, BigBird, Quicktoy and 1 other person like this.