1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Truck order??

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 8, 2023.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Double check your math ;)

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Y2K bug strikes again.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Well , my 2023 Transit Connect arrived just in time to ring in the new year .
    Sticker $38,215.00 which is $2k higher than when I ordered it .
    Got it for $36,264.00
    Now for the kick in the balls . When I checked resale value of my 2017 with just over 20k miles just after I ordered my new one it was $23k
    A month ago $18k . After being appraised yesterday 12.5k . WTF
    I'm kicking myself for not selling it last winter and buying a cheapo Astro van .
    Now comes the financing . In 2017 my FICO was around 675 and I got 8.8% from Ford .
    Currently it's around 750 . Yet because of the geniuses at the Fed , best they could get me was 10.3% .

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's one of the problems when trading in, they know you need to trade in so they will rip you off and there's not much you can do. Pull the trade out and sell it yourself, make 6-8k. Shop around for a better rate.....F these guys.

418 likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Sounds like you're getting shafted on the rate. Is it a used car?

This is the problem with dealing with dealers. They get you in with promises and then build their own reality. @10.3% I'm not buying the car.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My local credit union starts at 6.24% for 60 months and 6.74% for 72.

FYI I think a FICO of 750 is the best rate?

418 likes this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

New car .
    I searched around on my own , not even my own back {BOA} would even approve me .
    My Trans Union / Equifax scores fluctuates quite a bit due to me using my CC's for e-bike inventory .

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

900 is the highest .
    I was told if it was over 800 I would have received a better rate .

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

First off....don't believe anything a car salesman tells you.

pjdoran and YamahaRick like this.
  10. thrak410

10.3% WTF!! Did they give you a copy of your credit report?

My CU has 6% for up to 84-mo ... BOA sucks. Get a better bank.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've been dealing with him since 2017 and have sent numerous customers to him .
    This is a custom order on a last production run . When I bought my 2017 , he dug around and found $4k in incentives .
    There's no such animal with the vehicle .

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I use Credit Karma , which is usually about a week behind .
    My credit score is not that great . Like I said , I use my card to purchase e-bikes which start at $1100 dealer .
    Currently apx $25k in the hole with $100k of inventory . That's way I said it fluctuates quite a bit .
    When I sell them , I pay the cards off . It's winter and things are very slow .

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Better yet know more than he/they do. And you're normally going to the business manager (finance guy)'s office to sort out these things. I always know my credit rating and at least 2 low interest options before I negotiate a car deal and you should control the situation and not roll with the punches. I fucking love to negotiate these deals and I'm for hire. Just fly me in...:Poke:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  14. thrak410

Isn't that business LOC vs. personal LOC? You use your personal accounts to finance the business?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I guess you're not paying attention . It's a 2023 Ford Transit Connect Extended Cargo Van .
    They are no longer in production . My van was built in the last run .
    Try calling around to find one . You won't .
    Now go to page 2 when the OP was told to call Kris 87 about ordering a Super Duty . When he was told they could not order them , I called this salesman and got the correct info that you could in fact order certain models .

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have personal cards that are only used for business .

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

But I was, my comments are related to negotiating the financial/borrowing part of the deal, ok?

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I guess I worded it wrong. Don't believe anyone at the car dealership except your salesman.
    Seems funny you're defending him now:rolleyes:

19. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Why did you even get a new one with so low of miles on your 17? I put 275k miles on my old 2015 TC and it was bomb proof.

20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How does the sticker go up? Isn’t part of ordering it that you get the cost on all the options? You would think the price you see is what you get.

Also have you checked with credit unions? As said before they should be 6-7%.