1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell - Marc to join Gresini

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Here's my take on what has happened at Honda. It sure appears Marc has limited development capabilities. That Honda was fast AND rideable when Dani was on the team. He has certainly now been confirmed as a great development rider via his term at KTM and what he's been able to do to that program. Keep in mind, prior to his arrival, the KTM was such a bucket of shit that Zarco risked ruining his career to get away from the factory version. Along comes Dani and they are now in the mix and maybe equal to at least Aprilia. That Honda went from fast and rideable to a body crushing uncompetitive piece of garbage after Dani left. Not immediately mind you, but deteriorated every year after his departure in 2018. Marc may have been able to force his will upon it for awhile, but as the years wore on and the performance degraded, it eventually became too much and he started hurting himself trying to keep up with the field.
    The Honda is garbage, Marc is not. Put Marc on a competitive bike and he's going back to his dominant ways and won't have to override the thing to do it.

2. Spang308

He won't have to. Your reading comprehension is apparently limited. He was doing everything possible and over riding a piece of shit bike in an effort to still win on it. Plop him on a Duc and he's now on the best bike that he no longer needs to push at red mist levels.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. If he can see straight, he's gonna hurt feelings, maybe even yours.

3. Spang308

And if Duc really wanted attention, they'd crank up Rossi's Geritol levels and fit him with a fresh set of red leathers.
    Ducati can win without Marc. It's the ONLY reason they weren't chasing after him. Why pay a dude $20 million when you can get the job done for a fraction of that. Make no mistake, Ducati behind the scenes is ecstatic that the super alien is about to come on board. In fact, after Marc smokes the field on a year old bike, I'd bet they throw a two year contract at him just to keep him off an Aprilia or KTM.

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Clouded judgment is leaving a winning team and bike to take a chance on a spaghetti machine even Casey Stoner gave up on, just because you're no longer getting preferential treatment over your faster teammate.

5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Damn!

6. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Wanna bet?

7. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

My feelings won't be hurt,I kinda like the little nutcase, he is fast and entertaining.

Spang308 likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

fuckin verified avatar again…. Just when it’s been long enough to forget why you have that you drop it like Darude :D

9. Spang308

While I'm completely taking shots in the dark about who developed what successfully, what are the chances the Ducs current competitiveness can be traced back to Lorenzo? Once they finally started listening to him, not only was he capable of winning on it, but so was damn near anyone that sat on it. I know it was years ago, but was he the one that planted the seed that grew a bike that's not only fast, but fast with anyone on it? Gigi is certainly a borderline genius, but did Lorenzo's input draw them the blueprint to build off of? It's either that or Michelle Pirro. Where would you place the credit?
    Odd timing the Yamaha went to shit after he left just like the Honda did when Dani retired.

ShadowBoxer and Quicktoy like this.
  10. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Now this is an idea. Rossi vs Marquez in the 2024 Ducati Cup.

11. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of Marquez but he has nothing to lose my signing with Gresini and riding the Ducati. He isn't going to win anything with Honda and stands a very good chance of crashing himself out of the sport.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Dude literally got 3rd in the last race and you say they’re doing it for attention. All I can say is bahahahaha

13. gixxerboy55

Was that a dry race, Mr.slowtoy

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The only person that "put him on a second rate bike", if he ends up at Gresini, is Marc.

Honda still wanted him. Yes, that's a second rate bike too, but a factory. They didn't push him out, they didn't fire him, they didn't ask him to leave.
    Ducati didn't ask him to move over and on a "second rate bike".
    Marc himself asked to leave, asked to go to the "second rate bike".

Genius level MotoGP team managers in here.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

This thread needs to be stickied so it can be revisited many times next season.

Bugslayer, Quicktoy and 03RumbleBee like this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

In for the revisionist history

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

The fact it wasn’t means everything. His bike is a pos. In the rain, it’s about the rider. I podiumed every rain race I ever entered that I didn’t crash in except my first which was at Daytona in 2003 which I started the GTO race on like the 10th or 11th row. I got 5th in that race.
    Quick is my last name. I was called “Ain’t” in highschool. Cmon bro. 30 years ago, highschool kids came up with a better diss than just switching it to slow.

wac, Boman Forklift and brex like this.
  18. Quicktoy

Oh I’m sure @HPPT has earmarked every third post and we will see then thrown up in other threads for awhile.

Boman Forklift and brex like this.
  19. Quicktoy

I’d rather him win on that bike.

brex likes this.
  20. gixxerboy55

So you added the toy part, sorry that's all I had to work with.