1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell - Marc to join Gresini

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Lol reading comprehension helps. He said 5 times in a single race.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. giggity

giggity I don’t know bout that

Can gresini afford to have Marc chuck bikes into the environment every session ?

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Probably, assuming some of that Repsol money comes along....

4. Quicktoy

Riding at 90% he will still be faster on that bike than he is his Honda. They are literally getting hand me down bikes from Zarco I promise there’s enough spare parts for him to crash every session and they still not care. So why do you care so much when the team footing the bill doesn’t? He’s probably riding for free with bonuses. So they saved 20 million there. Do you know how many rebuilds 20 million will get you in a parts closet filled with Ducatis old junk?

Phl218, Boman Forklift and brex like this.
  5. giggity

Right. He’s going to bring some serious money on his own.

6. giggity

Actually, I don’t give a shit personally. It was just a question. Relax.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone have the skinny on whether he can ride the Duc in the post season test at Valencia?

8. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I was thinking how wild it would be if Repsol left HRC too. I've heard they haven't been too happy these last few years either.

9. Quicktoy

That wasn’t a question. That was a jab. This was a back peddle. ;)

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, they’ll stick with honder at least until Marquez goes to KTM.
    But!!!! I bet he brings some Red Bull, pull and bear and especially Estrella Galicia bucks with him. Gresini is about to get paid, yo!

11. Quicktoy

I’m sure there are other sponsors lining up who have been unable to at Honda.
    This team did amazingly with Bastianini. I’m so excited to see what the brothers can do next year.

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Fixed

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, you fixed it for yourself buuuutttt I don’t disagree. :D

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Did I miss something in the article where it says he's going to Team X? I just see he's separating from Honda at the end of the season....

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Lolol

When I first moved to Texas from Illinois I was a 20 yr old young man. I said I don't speak Mexican to a waitress at a Mexican restaurant, and I got the stink eye from some of the people at my table, but I didn't know any better.
    I remember a couple years ago, he offered to give them back the money, while he wasn't racing. I actually don't see a problem with him leaving early when honda has repeated a few times they are okay with it. Now I don't know if they are, buy he has sacraficed his body for many years trying to make that POS win championships. Unfortunately, both mentally and physically he already gave Honda his best efforts.

Time will tell if the 70% that he has left, is still good enough to beat all the other racers? If Stoner, Schwantz and Doohan were still around In don't think 70% would be enough....maybe even Rossi in his prime, but Rossi couldn't qualify, so if Marquez can qualify well, and feels it, none of them would stand a chance.
    C'mon you know deep down inside Ducati is happy they got him and FREAKING ABSOLUTLEY ESTATIC they kept him off the Aprilia and KTM. They will throw whatever 23 stuff is needed towards Gresini, to make sure Mark keeps on keepin on!!! If they don't, Mark will go to whomever he wants in 25, and you know Ducati doesn't really want to see him slip through their fingertips.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  16. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

Why would he leave Honda if he thought they would have a decent bike for ‘25? They had the last 2+ years to make progress with their bike, and they haven’t shown that they can fix anything this or next year. Even when Gigi came to Ducati, it took years to get their bike to where it is today with him having ultimate control of design and direction. No one at HRC, Yamaha, (or KRT WSBK) are going to given free rein to do things how and as quickly as they want. I don’t see Honda pulling a rabbit out of their ass in just another year (when the 25 bike would need to be testing).

I’m excited to see how things pan out. I don’t think it will be anything like VR46’s short time with Ducati.

ShadowBoxer and Quicktoy like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why would he leave Honder a year early? Pay out a butt ton now, win a championship on a year old Ducati and move on the KTM the next year. Sell the crappy story as a whole to Netflix and get paid!

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

one thing is for sure. the brothers have been talking. Alex to Marc: "you are a 10x better rider than me, look what i can do on the pasta machine. leave honda before the bike kills you, go ride with me in the team, i spill all the frijoles and you win the title next year."

or something along those lines.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Paolo Ciabatti has said in front of a a camera that they don't have a say in the decision. I consider him a fairly reliable source. :)
    It wouldn't be the first time that a multi-time one champion left a major constructor and returned. Rossi, Foggy, Bayliss (?)...
    Because they are not going to win in '24 and he isn't eternal. He has already wasted three years. If he can get on something else and pick up a few wins and maybe even a championship while they are starting over and taking a year to get it right, why shouldn't he do it?

20. Phl218

Phl218 .