1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Lever Guard Preferences

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fzrkidd, Sep 30, 2023.

1. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

What is everyone using for a guard that goes into a Vortex bar end now a days?

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Can't really go wrong with woodcraft parts.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm using these off ebay. They've gotten the job done.

Screenshot_20231001_192419_Chrome.jpg

4. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Been using Woodcraft brake and clutch guards for 8+ years without issues.

5. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I'll throw in a third vote for Woodcraft brake and clutch guards. I've been using them for as long as they've been making them.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I do not like the friction fit ones... it seems like they dont survive crashes well either

7. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the evol tech ones, but they’re a bit spendy at $145. I’m looking forward to trying either zeta, or racetorx brand ones as budget options.

8. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I have been happy with Zeta

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Any bar end widget I bother with, if it uses wedges/friction I swap to hard mounting via G2 threaded inserts. That said, Woodcrafts on my stuff so far.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Those are the only type that I've used. What other options are there for how they are secured to the bar?

Edit: nevermind, I see there's a threaded type mentioned above

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

another vote for Woodcraft. get an extra long clip-on bar and it makes things easy

12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I like the Driven brake guard. Its adjustable and built well. I have also done the cheap stuff on Ebay. Those work. Seems nothing holds up in a crash anyways.

mattys281-2 likes this.
  13. mattys281-2

mattys281-2 Well-Known Member

I use the driven ones.

I’ve got the wedge type inserts on mine, but they’re ones I made rather than the ones you buy.
    The typical wedges are cylindrical, so when you tighten the bolt you only get two contact points. Mine are square with large radiused corners so you get four contact points inside the bar. Much more solid, and if you bend a bar obviously you can take them out and reuse them rather than losing a fixed insert.

14. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Evol. /thread

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I got bit using E/T clip ons. THey are the only ones that thread the bar into the clip. If you dont have a spare, good luck finding ANYONE that has that custom E/T bar in the paddock. Ended my weekend. Driven is my sponsor anyways and their clip on bars are pretty universal with other brands.

Of course I ensure I have spares now also, and pegs, but I went away from E/T. I actually have a leftover E/T brake guard. But If I remember I think that is universal to wedge into bar.

16. Guns Akimbo

Guns Akimbo Well-Known Member

Dion Device.

MachineR1 likes this.